.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, April 05, 2010

Day 165 - Seriously?

Well, I'll keep today's post short & sweet, as it was so NOT what I was expecting to hear. 


I met with the Oncologist today. Yup. 6 months. Every 2 weeks. Full dose. Yup. The EXACT same thing as Canada. ABVD. Hmpf.


Ain't that just a kick in the pants. No guarantees on fertility, no guarantees on my heart or my lungs or the numbness or tingling in my fingers & toes. It's not about the hair loss, believe me, I'd be happy to get rid of the hair on my face & my legs :o) & I'm cool with wearing fun wigs - purple, green, blonde, red head... It's the other stuff I'm not so fussed about! 


I took the last shuttle back to the clinic & managed to meet a couple who were leaving Dr. Donato's clinic. The husband had been given 6 months to live with an inoperable tumor on his aorta & was sent home. They found Dr. Donato & that was 1 year ago. The tumor has shrunk by 75% & the cancer is gone from his lungs as well. 


I am encouraged & feel like there is still hope left. I meet with Dr. Donato on Tuesday of next week & I hope & pray that I can conquer this without the full blown dose of chemo for half a year! 


I returned to the hotel & went to bed. I was wiped. It's been pretty draining, both physically & emotionally. I have been quite stressed these past few months & when I'm here on my own, I'm finally able to let go. I slept from 1800 until 2100 & then thought I should wake up & make something to eat! Of course, then I I couldn't fall asleep! Again, silly American TV - Cake Boss - have you seen what they do? Wow! 


Anyhow, here's to a brighter & better day tomorrow!


Love & hugs & healing,
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Hiding in the blankets

Sneaking a nap in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you. Hope the meeting with Dr. Donato goes well. Janis

Anonymous said...

Missed your blog last night and sorry to hear about the news they gave you. keep our faith Jill all will work out. tried to call tonight and now my cell phone is not working.
HUgs Mom

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been