.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 182 - Aruba

Just another sunny day in paradise! Today we were in Aruba. I've been to Aruba several times before, although it has been several years since! In fact, I think about 5 years to be exact! Where does the time go?!?


Valentina was allowed ashore today, so WHOOPEE!! We were off to the beach! Today would be just her & I, as Jaco had to work & the other Doctor might want to get ashore too! We found a good potty stop & then asked at Information for a good beach. 


I remember the beaches in Aruba being FANTASTIC, so I knew we would be able to find a nice one. The gentleman recommended Machebo Resort. It was fairly close by & had a nice quiet beach. I didn't want a really busy one, as Valentina tends to attract a fair bit of attention! Go figure!


I bartered with the taxi driver to drop us off & pick us up in 1.5 hrs. Not long, I know, but you forget, I am the pasty white Canadian girl who burns like a marshmallow being roasted by a 4 year old for the first time! 


The beach was stunning! The water was wonderful! Valentina, of course, hated it. We stayed in the water for a bit & she was visited by a couple from Rhode Island, as well as a lady from Boston. I took her out of the water shortly after that & left her in her carrier in the shade. I went in the water again for about 10 minutes & then decided to read my book. I tied Valentina to the lounger & watched her chase ants in the sand. Pretty soon her snout was covered in sand. She was having fun! Eventually she played out & came to rest under the lounger. 


Soon enough our time was up. We headed back to Oranjestad & strolled around the waterfront. I suddenly felt a wave of nausea wash over me & it was to the point that I was hunting around for a back alley! I had been looking for wine gums for Jaco, but after 6 stops I was still empty handed. When the nausea hit, I knew he'd be going without for another day or so! 


I went back to the ship, ate a bit of fruit & laid down. And who said being a beach bum was easy?!? Luckily the nausea passed over without any major dramas. 


I showed Jaco the photos from the beach & he was impressed! As we have one more Aruba next cruise, he would come ashore with me. I will look very forward to that day! I love to go ashore with him, but I understand he is busy & can't always go ashore whenever he pleases.


Anyhow, feeling fulfilled with my Vitamin D dosage for the day, I'm off to bed... Sweet dreams!


Maria, Valentina & Papa
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


No, I didn't get left behind... It's the Island Princess sailing away

At least 1/2 of us are enjoying the water!

The beautiful waters of Aruba!

Postcard Perfect!

Life is good!

As Joe commented - she looks half cat!

I don't want to leave!

Can't I just stay? Forever?

to.ocean.es

Baby turtles - Coming soon!

Chasing ants!

Sandy toes & snout!

Mama - I'm bored!

Time for another dip!

Ants are everywhere!

Machebo Resort

Famous pink building in Oranjestad


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been