.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 172 - Silver Award!!!!

Okay, so I'm totally wiped, but after I saw this I just had to blog! Scroll down to April 10th... Whoo hoo! How awesome is that?!?! So even though it's way past my bedtime, I had a little whoop & a holler lying in bed, as well as a few happy tears!


As for the day, I was so thrilled to see Carrie & Olga this morning! I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but the ambulance was outside their door a few days back. I didn't see either of them at the clinic for the following days. I was quite worried, but didn't have any way to find out what was up. Turns out Carrie had a bad, bad stomach bug & had to be hospitalized. Thank goodness she's feeling better & coming back for treatments!


I took my 'Spanish The Easy Way' book to the clinic today. I showed Jose, the shuttle driver & he somehow got it in his mind that I suddenly knew fluent Espanol. WRONG! He kept talking to me in Spanish & asking what people meant, as in translate from English to Spanish. Oh dear. I'm only on page 20 & I've got a long ways to go! I should have dug it out long ago, but I didn't! I've had the book since my College days & we all know that was awhile ago! :o)


I went to the Plaza Rio today with the hopes of developing my roll of slide film - cross processed. Nope. Nada. Nobody wants to do it. So, I guess I'll just drag it back home with me. I also picked up some medication to try & a hamster waterer for Valentina's big flight. The vet suggested I freeze water in it & then put in into her carrier so she can drink. 


I tried it with her tonight & she caught on right away. Clever girl! Last night was her first night in her 'big girl bed'. I thought I should get her used to her carrier for the flight. I put the hot pack in her fleecy pillow cover & closed the door. She was pretty good, except every time I would roll over, she'd give a little whimper - like she was reminding me she was down there & not beside me in the bed!


I caught the shuttle back to the hotel with 3 other Americans. This one fellow asked me about Canada's healthcare & if it's as bad as 'they' say it is. I am so sick & tired of hearing Americans complain about Obama & socialized medicine. For crying out loud! It's going to take some time to work out the kinks, yes, but in the long run, it will be a positive change! Sometimes, I just don't think they 'get it'. This fellows biggest beef was that Obama & the bigwigs would get better healthcare than the rest of the general public. Well, duh! I suppose that is one of the perks of being the leader of the country! Surprise! He also gets to live in a really shwanky white house too!!! But all in all, it really shouldn't frustrate me as much as it does. I heard on Facebook today that Ellen DeGeneres couldn't even pronounce 'Saskatchewan'. The end.


I played ball with Valentina today. Only it rained. I nearly peed my pants I was laughing so hard at her. I'm laughing again as I type this. There was a dry patch, a patch of water with truck tracks in it & then more dry ground. I throw the ball, not knowing what she'll do. She barrels through the water, finds the ball on dry ground & burns back towards me. When she gets to the water, she comes to a halt. She pussyfoots her way through the water. Delicately putting one foot down & then the other. She gives me the ball & I throw it again. As she is running away from me to catch the ball, she attempts to take a giant leap across a big puddle. Her perception is completely off & as she takes her giant leap, she lands right in the middle of the big puddle with a HUGE SPLASH! Of course, she tiptoes through the puddles on her way back... This carried on for a good half hour. Man, that dog cracks me up. I'll try to upload a few more YouTube videos so hopefully you'll enjoy the moments as much as I did!


I stood in the pouring rain for 15 minutes waiting for the bus. I went to the outlet mall &  picked up some of my supplements today. It's just not the same as Community Natural Foods. They don't have the selection or half of the products! It's very frustrating! I bought what I could find, but it certainly won't be the same! I also found myself a new pair of running shoes! Yay! The Nike Outlet had a whole whack of shoes on sale. At first I wanted Nike Free's. They were out. How about some Lunar shoe? Okay. Nope too big. Okay, mens. Yup, it fits. What? $70?! Oh, alright. I get to the till. WHAT?! $79?!? Argh! I finally found a pair that was $49 & fit perfect! Now I have no excuse NOT to run when I get on the ship! 


I came back to the room & decided to use the pot I bought for $18, seeing as I only have until Friday a.m. to use it! I made quinoa (Keen-Wah) pasta & mixed in a SUPPOSEDLY mild curry sauce, 1/2 can of coconut milk, pineapple, apple & red pepper. Holy smokes is it hot! But yummy!!! My lips are still burning! 


Tomorrow is the big appointment with Dr. Donato. Fingers crossed & prayers answered he can help me. 


Sleep well wherever you are & here's to a brighter, sunnier, warmer tomorrow!
Maria y Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox




Working her charm!

The world's busiest border crossing! 100,000 people every day!

Splash on our way out...

Tiptoe on our way back!

Tilt your head & she's still cute!

Where's Valentina?

The Big Girl Bed


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading about Valentina's fetch game makes me giggle - looking forward to a video. Silver award - WOW (although I am shocked it's not gold...amazing photographer, stunning models, fantastic location...sounds like gold to me!) Janis.

Jenn said...

Love the photos of Miss V in the tall grass! Counting down to our next visit! xoxoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been