.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Day 224 - Last Day With My Baby

I'd like to say it was a crummy day, as it was the last time I will see my husband for many weeks, but, we actually had a really great day!


When I had joined the ship, we were in port from 0600-1400. Today we were in port from 1200-1800. That left me plenty of time to pack in the morning, which didn't take me long at all & I even had space in the 2nd bag! (Miracle!)


Jaco had arranged with Reuben to go ashore. They take turns, but sometimes special exceptions are made. We went off about 1230-ish & took a cab downtown. We walked to Karen's work & had a great visit with her. She was happy to see Jaco & we talked her ear off until her clients popped in for a meeting. 


We went to Shopper's Drug Mart so Jaco could pick up a few snacks for the ship, Chapters so he could read the (very expensive) foreign sports magazines, and then to Rebar, the healthy cafe Karen introduced me to awhile back. I ordered a juice - orange, apple, lemon & ginger. Jaco liked it so much we ordered two more. He was watching the gal who rang our order through & if she washed the rubber gloves she was wearing after she handled the money. He recently did a food safety course, so he's quite keen on it! Luckily it was another gal who did the juicing! Unfortunately when they put our drinks on the table, the lids weren't on properly. The rubber glove gal attempted to put the lids on tight & managed to SMASH the plastic cup of juice & it exploded everywhere! They made us another juice & away we went...


We took a cab back to the ship & I got my bags ready. We said a sad goodbye & headed up to the gangway. As I walked away from the ship, I looked behind me... Jaco always waves goodbye & waits until I am out of sight. I love that he does that. It makes me feel loved. I wish everyone could have a husband like him. He's just plain wonderful. 


I walked to the Pilot's Station to wait for the Airporter shuttle I had arranged the day before. The gentleman on the phone had told me approximately where it was, but I couldn't get a good idea in my head, so I googled it. Amazingly enough, I found it. But the cool part was the street view. I could actually read the sign on the door that told me it was, in fact, the Pilot's Station! Crazy! 


I rode out to the airport & waited for about 25 minutes before I went through security. They were very friendly today! It was a great experience. Of course, I flew with Westjet & they were just as wonderful as always. I had checked in about 10 minutes after the flight had opened up the day before, so I managed to get a seat in the second row, which was perfect for deplaning. I sat next to a couple from Duncan who were on their way to the East Coast for a holiday. They had lived in Saskatchewan for awhile, but then moved out West. They love it! The wife & I watched So You Think You Can Dance & giggled & cried the whole flight to Calgary. Did you see the fellow who has scoliosis & dances like a robot?? Wow! 


Mom was there to pick me up & the dogs were in the truck waiting for us. Valentina happy pee'd all over the concrete, but once we were in the truck, she could care less about me. Hmpf. Guess I deserved that. I'm hoping she'll get over it soon!


Thankfully the snow was gone & it wasn't as cold as I had prepared myself for. Here's hoping that summer is here. Soon. Now please.


Sweet dreams & here's to a wonderful warm summer...
Maria & Valentina
xooxoxooxoxxoxo


Waiting for more juice.

This one's for Uncle Jerry...

Parliament buildings

Adieu, Sea Princess

It's no South African flag, but...

Just like Google!

I saw three ships come sailing in...

Beautiful seaside walk

The last spot I saw Jaco... :o(

Flying home...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab photo of Jaco waiting for the juice - I love the shadows. Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been