.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 242 - Ultrasound. Again. And Again.

Rise & shine & lets have another look at your innards. Yup, another ultrasound today. Dr. Scott was the Physician doing the ultrasounds & to my amazement, some of the follicles were now TOO BIG! Oh no! I was a bit panicked when she said I should have had the retrieval done right away when it wasn't booked until Wednesday. Some of the follicles went from 1.6 to 2.2 in 24 hours! Great guns they're growing fast! Amazingly enough, the right ovary smartened up & grew a few more follicles. Incredible what a little shot of somethin' somethin' can make your body do some incredible things! I had a whopping 16 (SIXTEEN!) follicles today! Holy smokes! I was to have the final shots today & tonight & then a day off. After that, it was retrieval day!


I was given instructions on how to inject the 10,000 iu of HCG & away I went. I was meeting Al & Wilma for a visit. I was so excited to see them & hear all about their amazing journey from Africa to England. They had flown to Capetown & sailed up the western coast of Africa. Bottom to top! They were also stopping in Namibia where Jaco & I married/honeymooned. They are two of the most wonderful people I've met in my travels & how perfect they live in Calgary! We visited at the house for a bit & then Al had to run some errands, so Wilma & I headed over to the Calgary Winter Club for lunch. 


I had never been there before & it was quite impressive! It is a HUGE athletic facility, offering tennis, squash, curling, skating, badminton, swimming, along with a full service gym, personal trainers & physiotherapy! In fact, Christine, one of the girls from the Thursday night prayer group, works here. I couldn't remember where, but I knew she was a Personal Trainer somewhere in the city. Sure enough, when I walked into the gym & looked at their bios on the wall, there she was! Unfortunately she wasn't in at the moment, but neat nonetheless!


The restaurant had a delicious menu with many healthy options (yay!) & Wilma & I talked & talked about the trip & the people they met, the sights they saw & all the unique & far flung destinations the ship stopped at. 


I had to return to the Fertility Clinic before 1600, so we left the Winter Club & headed back to their house. I grabbed my med out of the fridge & said goodbye to Wilma. I'm looking forward to the next visit... I can't wait to see the photos from the trip! 


I picked up my last dose of Cetrotide & made my way home. I was happy to turn the car off & not have to drive it tomorrow. Finally! A day off! I've been in the city WAY TOO MUCH these past two weeks & it's starting wear on me! I putted around the house this evening, trying to tidy a few things up - and of course, looked forward to another sleep in tomorrow! My body seems to need some extra zzz's these days...


Sweet dream & see you tomorrow, but none too early!!! :o)
Maria & Valentina
xxxxx


The growing girls!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been