.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 240 - The Burnett's Boxes

Today I headed up to Cochrane to help the Burnett's pilfer through a few boxes & make a little headway on their seemingly endless packing/unpacking. I was happy to help them clear a path through the kitchen if nothing else! Their place is so tiny & they have a house full of stuff to hide in every nook & cranny! It's a big job! I can't imagine have two little kids to look after & still try & keep up with meals, cleaning & unpacking/repacking on top of all that!!! 


Their friend Lauren & her daughter Zoe came over for supper & we enjoyed a nice bbq meal. It was entertaining to watch Harrison & Zoe interact. They sat at Harrison's little table & shared food off of each other's plate... It was a Lady & the Tramp moment... Except it was sausage & KD instead of spaghetti & meatballs! :o) Too cute!


I also visited a bit with Mom & Uncle Jerry. We sat out on the deck in the sunshine, prior to heading off to Cochrane. Valentina was walking all over Mom - it was quite funny... Mom was trying to relax & Valentina was walking over her chest & putting her paws on Mom's neck... Little stinker!


When I returned from Cochrane, Unka Jer had just returned from Bragg Creek. He had picked up his friend Dave or 'Spike' as he introduced himself in the city & they stopped in town for supper. 


Dave is a hitchhiker & had spent the last 8 years travel North & Central America. He is from the UK originally. I found him rather tough to chat with - usually not an issue for me, especially when it's to someone who has traveled a lot! However, he was kind of like a clam that just didn't want to open. I did note his pierced ear (2x), pierced lip & what the?!? I could see daylight through his nose when he turned his head. A pierced septum too... I'm grateful my piercing days are over! He's traveled for 8 years & doesn't own a camera. Pity. Oh well... Whatever... I'm tired... I'm off to bed. See you in the morrow...


xxxxx
Maria & Valentina


Sunshiny day in June

The green, green grass of home.

Valentina puts Mom in the chokehold!

Heidi chillaxin'

Harrison & Zoe on their first date!

'H' in my Lady Gaga shades




1 comments:

Jenn said...

Those pictures kill me!! Thanks again for all your help, you've literally been a life saver!

Love you lots!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been