.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 245 - More Teeth & Naturopathic Stuff

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I booked an 0800 dental appointment the morning after surgery, but I did. So away we went. Mom had to drive me, as I was legally impaired until 1330 this afternoon. Naturally we left a bit late, but Lois was ready & waiting for me when I arrived at 0810. 


Oh dear. My bottom teeth were bad yesterday. My top teeth were even worse! My gums have receded so much that the root is exposed. Which meant that Lois couldn't even drag her 'little scrape-y tool' across the area! It sent me through the roof! She cleaned as best she could & polished them afterwards. I love the suction thing & I love a Hygienist that lets you control the suction. There's nothing like gagging on your own spit or swallowing some mint tasting chemical! Ick! Lois let me use the gadget & I was grateful! I took the wedding photos to show her, as she was quite amazed at the story of Jaco & I. She is such a sweet heart! She's very passionate about her job & thankfully so. If she wasn't I probably wouldn't have known my teeth were in the shape they are in! I picked up a Sonicare toothbrush & I'm in love already! The organized side of my personality loves it! It has a 2-minute timer with 30 second bleeps to tell you when to change quadrants in your mouth. And it has a UV brush cleaner! Oh & it brushes your teeth sparkly clean! 


I waited outside in the sun for Mom to pick me up. She'd run to Okotoks to get the 14" rims for the car. I waited for quite awhile. I thought she was in a rush, but you know Mom! Lo & behold, she finally drove by. Apparently she'd been into the clinic a few times looking for me, but didn't bother to look outside or drive through the parking lot! She'd been there 1/2 an hour! Whoops! We stopped at the bakery for a quick bite & then headed home. She had to rush into town for her day planner production.


I crashed for a good 1.5 hrs. I was so wiped! I really didn't want to get up for my 1445 appointment. I quickly got ready & hopped into the car. It wouldn't start. The battery was completely flat. Great. Thankfully the truck was running! I don't enjoy driving the beast, but I had no other option! Away I went!


Parking was fun & I still have no idea how the silver Honda made it out of the space next to me, but kudos to the driver! The Naturopath didn't impress me too much today. The last appointment was pretty hefty. ($$$) Today was nearly $60 & I was there for about 5-10 minutes. He browsed over my medical papers & focused on blood work from 6 months ago.  He told me to email him on Friday after chemo & let him know how I felt. Huh? What is going on? He'll get one more shot. I certainly didn't feel like we had a $60 conversation. Thank goodness the parking was free! 


I stopped at Jugo Juice (of course!) & headed home. I spent the rest of the evening trying to sort out my desk & a pile (mountain) of papers. No, I'm not finished yet! I also attempted hooking up the Magic Jacks, but I hit a few roadblocks. Looks like I will need to set them up on a PC! How rude! :o) 


Okay, super wiped & looking forward to some R&R...
xxxx
Maria & Valentina


Lois - she's a riot!

Sleepy little town...

Saving my teeth!

Watching the clouds roll by!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been