.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 246 - Contemplate Is Contemplatin' Quittin'

Hmm, today was a day that perhaps needed a little refreshing before I should have woke up to it. I can't seem to sleep much past 0630 & when I go to bed late, that doesn't set me up very well. Add the sun, the dogs & Mom stomping around, it's a bit of a gong show. Perhaps I'll invest in one of those 'noise' or sleep machines. 


When I did make it out of bed, I made a few phone calls - my first of the week & it's Friday! Mom & I had a nice banter about space & control issues and then I got ready to head out. I had to hit the post office, the insurance agency & then off to Cochrane to have the other 2 tires replaced. 


That would have worked fabulous if only the car would start. Mom boosted me twice before I left home. The gal at the insurance agency boosted me again. I left it running while I was at the post office & then realized that I needed fuel! So, I headed over to the Husky & put some fuel in. The gas jockey pushed the car forward & boosted me. Again. Oh dear. 


I drove to Cochrane without any major issues, but when I arrived, they only had 1 of the 2 tires I needed! Argh! Looks like I'll be back tomorrow! Luckily the car started fine after this. I headed over to the Burnett's for a visit - if they were home! Jenn & the kids were home, so I enjoyed an afternoon visit. Valentina & Harrison played, while Heidi smiled & cooed. It was a great afternoon! 


I also managed to set up the Magic Jack's, so I'll just need to send one to South Africa with Jaco & we'll be all set to visit for next to nothing!! 


I motored home about 1900 & spent the evening trying to find my desk. Ugh. What a mess! I hole punched all my medical papers & other bits & pieces lying around, so it will be out of the way & (somewhat) organized! I tried a few friends on the phone, but clearly the summer weather has everyone outside enjoying it! 


Valentina was not herself today. I'm not sure if it's this pseudo-pregnancy or what, but she is acting quite bizarre. She just mopes around & sleeps a lot. She snooped around my room, which she doesn't normally do. I hope it passes soon, as I miss my happy-go-lucky pooch!


Anyhow, that's the best of today... Enjoy your weekend! xxxx Maria & Valentina


She's really not herself when she's sleeping on the back seat!


Poor Tweet Pea... Not lovin' it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been