.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Day 222 - A Rare Day Out...Together

Wow! Dr & Mrs actually got to go out together! Almost like a date! Although we didn't have much time for anything, but we were together!


We took a trolley ride, checked out the Mac store, I tried to persuade Jaco into a pair of jeans & a nice polo shirt, but he was a little too picky & we didn't have the time to sit in a shop for the afternoon. Maybe when he comes to Canada I'll get him out of that Quiksilver shirt... :o)


We bought a few treats from the Godiva shop & also from the Cheesecake Factory. By the time we found our way to the taxi station, we were pressed to get back. Jaco had to be on the ship by 1400 & there were no minutes to spare! 


I didn't have to be back until 1530, so I stayed out for a little more snooping around. I was in a jewelry shop when a lady beside me wanted to continue looking at the display, so we moved around each other. I looked at her as she said, 'Excuse me'. I think my jaw must have hit the floor.


Her name totally escaped me, but I couldn't help but blurt out, 'Hey! I know you!' She remembered my name & I fumbled... finally she said, 'Katie'. Oh my gosh! Katie!!! I worked with Katie on my first contract & we had a blast together. She was a Steiner & we hiked AB mountain in Skagway together, flirted with Welsh brothers & all sorts of other mayhem... She left ships to work in a salon in Florida & we were supposed to meet one day & she never showed. I never knew what happened to her. I never heard from her again. I have thought about her countless times, so I was floored to see her!!! 


She is married now, with 2 beautiful children & lives in Arizona. She just so happened to be visiting her Mom & Mother-in-Law & the rest is history! I was so excited to get in touch with her again! I hope we can connect on Facebook soon! She is such a beautiful person & the world is certainly a better place with her here! What a crazy day! Small world! I love it!


I picked up a few sweet treats for Jaco & headed back to the ship. I was mortified to find out that my wigs weren't on the ship! WHAT?!?! Oh, the dark side of me came out. I was so angry! I paid express shipping! I spent hours ensuring the packages would get to San Francisco on time! I sent 2 emails to the ship's agent. I called this morning & they had lost the notices, so I couldn't even get to the post office to find them! WHAT?!?! Argh!!! Now I'm headed back to Canada & I'll be bald & wigless! Hmpf. NOT a happy camper. Or Sailor. Jaco managed to find out that one of the boxes made it onto the ship at 1542 (we were supposed to sail at 1600, gangway's up at 1530). I'm sure they tossed it from the shore into the gunport! (It took about 3 hours to find out that the box was on the ship, so I was good & grumpy for awhile) 


Additionally, the Godiva bag went missing. I had sent Jaco back to the ship with the bags & apparently he forgot it when he came through the security scanner. I was miffed about that too! Luckily, the day was saved when I checked at the Purser's desk & they had the bag! Yay! I returned to the cabin with the sweets to find the wig box! Ahhh. Almost perfect... Now, if only they could locate the other box of wigs with all the supplies in it. No luck. Looks like I'll have one more thing to deal with when I get home. 


I went up on deck for sailaway & called Jaco to come up too. It took him far too long & by the time he did, we were long past the pretty parts. Oh well, I visited with the Senior Nurse's wife & their friends that were onboard. We are going to go for dinner tomorrow night.


Jaco was busy again at work, so while he saved lives & made people feel 'all better', I watched some Big Bang Theory... Thanks Werner & Karen!! I am totally a nerd at heart. I get such a kick out of that show. I think I watched 4 or 5 episodes before I fell asleep.


Sadly, tomorrow I'll have to pack & get ready to leave the day after that. Why oh why does the time fly so quickly? I'm really going to miss him when I'm gone. Here's to a quiet day tomorrow so we can spend some time together. 


Love & hugs,
Maria & Jaco
xxxxxxx


...So happy together...


Oh the places you'll go.


Just in case you needed a reminder


Making a Mac Man outta my Man!


Jaco poses purdy...


Mrs Katie! What a beautiful surprise!


What a fun city!


Alcatraz - I got a day pass


Always a cloudy day over the bridge.


And the clouds lifted...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"so while he saved lives & made people feel 'all better', I watched some Big Bang Theory"....you have me rolling on the floor laughing....and then I see the caption that you have a day pass from Alcatraz! Jill, you crack me up! Janis

Jill Marie said...

Did I make you feel 'all better' then? :o)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been