.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Day 229 - Supernanny to the Rescue!

As all my mornings start with a BANG (not really) this was no exception. I did have that phone call from the Medical Registry at 0900. It was reassuring to know that I wasn't being ridiculous for inquiring about the number of years a Physician has been practicing. In fact, I discovered that Dr. Lategan graduated in 1988 from Stellenbosch & arrived in fair Canada in 1988. If you ever want to check out your Doctor's credentials, you can go the the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta & look them up! 


I was going to take the car to the mechanics to have an appraisal done on the damage. I phoned & he was going to be around. Duane is a local fellow that Mom uses all the time. He said he would send me down the road to his 'Body Man'. Hmm, think he could work on this 'body' & take out a few bumps & lumps here & there? :o)


It always takes me awhile to get up & running, so by the time I left the house it was 1430. I stopped in at EVIC to say hello to Shauna. I miss working with her & Joe, so I slip in on their working days & catch up on what I've been missing, which is mostly just them! :o) Shauna had a delivery shortly after I arrived & since I was already late, I left for Duane's. 


As my luck would have it, he wasn't there! I gathered he didn't go very far, as he said he was going to be home all day, so I settled in on the lawn with the dogs & my book. Sure enough, just as I got settled, he drove in the yard! He gave me Warren's number & directions to his place. I thanked him & away I went. 


Warren lives on top of a huge hill. I have no clue how they get to & from the house in the winter. Maybe they have a ski-doo they take up & down. The hill is so steep my car was spinning out on the gravel! But what a view from the top of the hill! Wow! I guess that would make the treacherous trip up the hill worth it! He took a look at the bumper & the trunk, license plate backing, latch, etc... He couldn't give me a quote on the spot, but he took my details & said he would fax me a quote after he'd looked up the cost of parts & so forth. For now it's a bungee cord!


I came home & shortly after, Jenn called. She needed a sitter. She wanted to take me up on my offer. Oh boy. She must be desperate! As I mentioned earlier, I haven't looked after a child since I was 14, let alone 2 children! But, I was determined to help her out. I forewarned her that I would have to go to the city for an ultrasound if I was to start my fertility drugs. I hung up the phone & packed my bags for 3 days of diapers, bottles & nursery rhymes... Wish me luck!


Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Waiting on the lawn...

Nice day for a drive in the country

The view from the hill

Note the steep road on the right!






1 comments:

Jenn said...

You've captured my favorite view in the whole wide world!! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been