.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 231 - Ultrasound! Finally!

Up & at it early again this morning, I had my first ultrasound & blood test at the fertility clinic. It was finally time to start the meds! We're making progress! I left Jenn at home with her little ones & made my way to the clinic. I arrived shortly after 0800 & took a seat. I had been told previously that ultrasounds would be done on a 'first come, first serve' basis, so I expected a wait, considering I was 5 minutes late & the waiting room was chokka block!


I occupied myself by playing on my iPod, looking through a magazine, napping while sitting, checking my emails on the free computer... Pretty soon it was 1030 & I still hadn't been called in! I looked around the waiting room & didn't recognize anyone! I asked the girl beside me if she was having an ultrasound & she said she was waiting for blood work & her ultrasound had already been done. She asked me what I was there for & I said the same, but I hadn't been called in yet. She looked shocked! She said I should ask, as it doesn't generally take longer than a 1/2 hour to get in. 


Sure enough, there was a malfunction on the computer & they thought I hadn't shown up. They had been frantically calling my house looking for me, meanwhile I was napping in the waiting room! They were very apologetic, but I told them not to worry, it was fine. A parking donation would have been great, but anyways...


It was quite interesting to see the ultrasound. Modern technology is quite fascinating! Normally a woman produces only one follicle per cycle. With the puny little shots I would be doing, say 2 ml/day of drugs, it would stimulate my body to produce 8-20 follicles! Crazy what a little amount of chemical can do to a person! 


All done & dusted with the first ultrasound, I sped home to wait for the phone call from the nurse regarding my blood tests & my drug schedule. Bad news, I have too much estrogen. I'm not 100% sure what that means, but they like quiet ovaries & apparently mine aren't too quiet... Ironic... even my ovaries tend to babble on... 


They decided to start me on treatment anyways, as I don't really have the luxury of humming & hawing around anymore. So, 1 shot of Luveris & 1 shot of Gonal F starting tomorrow at 1300. Tuesday, the 15th, would see me in for my next ultrasound, which they assured me I would be 1st in line for!! :o)


I rounded up the wedding decorations & headed to Cochrane to pick up Valentina. I had left her with Jenn & the kidlets for the morning. Harrison liked to play with 'Tina', as he calls her. I was completely beat, but I didn't have time for a nap. I ate a quite bite & hit the road again. This time I had to drive to Shawnessy & meet my potential Kijiji buyer. 


Thank goodness she bought it all! I was so happy to get rid of the decorations. I loved the lanterns & would love to put them up somewhere permanently, but seeing as I don't have a place to do so right now, they were just taking up space. I could have sold them many times over! No one wanted the other stuff... They only wanted the lanterns. Luckily the gal I met today was willing to take the wanted with the unwanted. I felt like I lost 10 pounds on the spot! Ahhhh! Sigh of relief! One less thing to worry about!


I felt bad for Jenn having to miss a day of work & so I stopped at Shopper's Drug Mart & picked up a couple of tins of baby formula for Heidi. It doesn't make up for a full day's wage, but hopefully it would help! After that, it was home time! I found the kids in bed & Jenn watching the tail end of Precious. Oh my. What a sad & disturbing show. I suppose people need to be aware of things like this that really do exist, but for most of us, it's certainly NOT our reality. I pray for the people who suffer through things like that. If you haven't watched it, well, be brave, but prepare yourself. 


Jenn & I had a wonderful heart-to-heart talk about life & all its crazy twists & turns. I'm so happy that she's close by. Having her in Texas was just not the same. I have no idea where Jaco & I will end up, but it's great to have her near for this year! 


Alas, we were both tired, so we went to bed relatively early - 2300-ish. I think I beat Valentina to the snoring phase! Here's to a good sleep & surviving Day 2 of Supernanny! (I think I've got it under control now!)


Lekker slaap,
Maria & Valentina & Harrison & Heidi & Jenn
xxxxx


Looking at the Foothills Hospital & the Tom Baker Cancer Centre from the Fertility Clinic

Almost ready for the ultrasound

A nice black & white picture.

Like Mama, like Son - they were both playing on iPod/iPhones!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been