.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 239 - Sweet Slumber!

At seven o'clock I woke to a kerfuffle. The dogs were ready to go outside for the 'morning news'. Ilo decided she might as well get up & get ready to go. She was heading down to Pincher to see her parents & then home to Kimberley. We had some fruit salad from last night's coconut french toast & she was out the gate by 0745. I was sad to see her go, but grateful that she had been able to come & visit! I miss her a lot! She's a beautiful inside & out... and she's a riot of fun!!! 


Ilo & I met in Waterton 10 or 12 years ago. We had plenty of adventures together. She reminded me of our ill-fated tubing day down the river. We had a near death experience when a bunch of branches in the water nearly sucked us under. Ilo lost her sandal & sprained her ankle... It wasn't the lazy drift down the river we'd envisioned. She told me about a GIANT grizzly print she saw on the beach. I had CLEARLY missed it! I don't know how I didn't catch that part of the adventure, but I'm honestly quite happy to have only learned about it 10+ years later!!!


After she was safely on her journey home, I headed back to bed. Oh sweet slumber! I had a good lie in until 1330! Yup! I was officially caught up on sleep! It has been a doozy of a week! I was happy to have no where to drive to today! 


I spent the afternoon tidying up, making phone calls, chatting with Jaco & sometime in the evening Unka Jer showed up! We had a quick visit & then it was back to bed! 


Sweet dreams,
xxxxxx
Maria & Valentina


My favourite shirt - officially retired. Note the hole in the armpit. Sigh.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been