.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 234 - Sunny Sunday!

Wow! What a stunner of a day! A nice sleep-in (I think it will take several weeks to regain lost sleep from last week!) & no an overly exciting day, but that's just the way I like it!


Mom & I had a chat in the morning & then she left for Cook's branding. I took the chance to walk down to EVIC & visit both Joe & Shauna. They are working together on weekends now, so that will be fun to visit them this summer. Joe was just finishing up his shift, but stayed a little longer to chat. He was quick to tell me his new doctor is from South Africa & he had quizzed her about the process of immigrating to Canada. She ONLY had to work 5 (five - FIVE) years at Athabasca before she could move to Calgary. I guess that's close to Sylvia & Laura... but the winters!!!! Where oh where is... AUSTRALIA?!?!? 


Shauna shared with me a crazy story about her neighbour's Rottweiler that attacked the neighbour's roommate. Apparently there was blood everywhere & he had a ridiculous amount of puncture wounds. Sadly, the owner asked the roommate to LIE about the incident so the dog wouldn't be put down. Even worse is the fact that the dog has attacked the owner's wife previously!!! So frustrating!!!! Your dog has a problem & needs to be rehabilitated & SO DO YOU!!!! Shauna knows First Aid to the -enth degree & helped stop the bleeding & luckily she did, as the owner didn't even want the roommate to go to the hospital! CRAZY!!!! 


Joe & Shauna were both excited about their upcoming 'Information Officer Education Day'. Last year we had a bunch of lectures about the park & some issues surrounding it. This year they were having an action packed day full of:
1. Hiking
2. Mountain Biking
3. Horseback Riding
4. Rafting
5. Lunch at the Stoney Nakoda Resort
6. A HELICOPTER RIDE!!!!


Boy, did I pick the wrong summer to do chemo!!! :o) I'll be anxious to hear about Joe's John Wayne experience... I miss working with the both of them. They are absolutely wonderful people & they made my job completely the opposite of work. Be sure to stop in the visitor's centre on your way to Elbow Falls (It's 13.5 kms past the Info Centre) & write them a positive comment card!


On the way home I threw the ball for Valentina. She is becoming slightly obsessed with balls. This one is orange & very bouncy. It is pure entertainment to watch her run her hardest to get the ball. As it was quite hot, her tongue would hang out the side of her mouth, she was panting & of course, the big orange ball stuck in her yap. Man, that dog is so special to me. Can you tell? I'm blogging about throwing a ball. :o) (But I'm getting better at throwing less like a girl!)


I saw an elk strutting through our yard tonight! It's a rare sight to see elk on the meadow, so I stopped & watched him for awhile. In fact, come to think of it, we've had a lot of deer hanging about too. Perhaps they know something I don't. In any case, it's always interesting to see wildlife.


This week is a busy one. I have appointments every day in town, but Friday. Joy. I love driving to the city. Not really. Tomorrow is the Chemotherapy Orientation. Ugh. I feel nauseated just thinking of it. Let the fun & games begin. Wish me luck!


Love & hugs,
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


I love a good pair of Aviators

Please Mama! Can we go now? Play ball?

Got the ball!

Oh so happy!

Elk!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been