.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 237 - Rainy Day

This morning had me in the city for 1030. I love how my mother wakes me up & reminds me that I have an appointment at 1000. Three times. Ugh! Just five more minutes of sleep please! I know, I know, I'm going to miss the school bus... :o)


Dr. Drobot is a Naturopathic Doctor at the Calgary Centre for Naturopathic Medicine & was recommended to me by Andrea. She went to Dr. Drobot & he helped her get rid of her cancer after the chemo wouldn't do it. I thought I would see him prior to chemo & see if we couldn't take a few steps prior to chemo to help safeguard some of my other organs & body systems. 


He was very knowledgeable & personable. I am looking forward to working with him! I warned him that my finances are limited & he reassured me that I could get by on several of his treatments that were only $20 or $50. I have been given some homework, so I'll keep you posted on what I find out!


I drove straight home, well, with a small detour to the post office. THE WIGS ARE FINALLY HERE! Hooray! I'm so relieved to finally have them! There is only one that I'm not tickled with. It's a little darker than I'd expected & the style isn't just right. But otherwise, I LOVE them all! The red pixie cut is my favourite... I think! I let Mom try on two, but I've decided they're only meant for my head. I have a hair hygiene 'thing'. In any case, she had a good laugh at how they made her feel. It's true though! You really do feel like you take on a new persona simply by changing your hair. We'll see the persona I get with no hair at all! 


I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up my desk, which is almost useable now! I edited Mom's 2011 Day Planner, chatted with a few buddies & put up the new shower curtain. The old one leaks water through it. Oh the joys of a rainy day! 


Tomorrow Ilo is coming to visit! Yay! I'm so excited to see her & have Shasta meet the girls! Hopefully I'll be back from town quickly & we can get a good gab session in! 


But it's an early morning for me (again!), so I'm outta here... 


xxxxx
Maria, Adios & Valentina


Wait! Don't take my picture without makeup on! (My Mom used to put makeup on to feed the cows! Guess it made the hay taste better?!)


Cowgirl 'Curly' Sue


Still real hair under there!


Miss Rodeo USA


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my nothing is sacred anymore in our house! My hat really doesn't fit either! Not in a good wind...
Mom

Anonymous said...

Pictures looks like you and your mom were having fun. By the way, I LOVE your grary hat! Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been