.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 247 - Weddings, Wheels & Warm Weather

Phew! Today was a busy day! I went for lunch with Mom to Infusion in Bragg Creek, got smoked out by a few Russians (boo), crashed a wedding, had the back tires finally changed, was ripped off ($8) at Panago, played show & tell with a girlfriend & tried to solve dermatology issues via Google. 


It was a beautiful sunny day & I even donned a pretty frock & some makeup for the day! Wow! I'm lovin' the summer sunshine! We were sitting on the patio at the restaurant & ended up down wind when the gals decided to have a puff. Grrr. I do NOT like ciggy smoke. Gross. Wake up. Not cool. Dinner was yummy though. Part way through the meal, Mom asked if I wanted to go to a wedding today. Her friends were getting married out at their ranch & I thought, sure, why not? We raced home, chased Dieter & Jim out the gate & headed for the wedding.


It was a beautiful location. They have a little lake, several waterfalls, views of the mountains, a beautiful yard & an Italian flagpole! :o) The ceremony was very nice & the bride looked stunning - of course! Her dress was AMAZING! Wow! Almost makes me want to get married. Again! :o) 


We left after the ceremony to make it to Cochrane in time for the tire change. Yay! Contemplate is ready to roll! The oil change is all that's needed now! I decided to pick up some dinner for Mike & Jenn & I had heard Mike asking for pizza the night before. I thought I'd surprise them with supper & a quick visit, as Mom had plans for the evening. 


They were shocked! Mom decided to go home & Jenn said she would drive me home later. We enjoyed a nice visit & about 2100, I remembered the dogs were still inside! Whoops! Away we went! I could hear them barking as we drove up. Little stinkers!!! I was anxious to show Jenn the wigs & she was great support! I was happy to hear her reactions & responses to them. I'm feeling a little bit braver about wearing them! I think I even convinced her to order one or two somewhere down the line... :o) 


We visited for a couple of hours & then Jaco called. Jenn had to get going, so we said goodbye & I chatted with Jaco for an hour or so... While we talked I hung up the Italian flashcards I have for Valentina. I really need to get back on track with her training. I'm hoping that will help with the barking, as the anti-bark collar is not working. She doesn't bark with it on, but it also triggers itself randomly & the poor girl is getting blasted with citronella for doing nothing!!! :o(


I'm absolutely beat & looking forward to my fluffy pillow... That's all for tonight! Have a sweet sleep & see you in the sunshine tomorrow! 


xxxx
Maria & Valentina


Mom at the restaurant.

Pretty little flower

Love the sign!

Sweet couple!

Okay, so you can see the front of the dress... but barely for Mr.? stepping in front! Oh well!

Mom visiting with Pascal & Una

Love it!

Leaving the wedding

Cool clouds & cool little greenhouse!

Green thumb!

'Ukrainian Rubber' as my friend likes to say...

Contemplate getting some new wheels!

Heidi enjoying her carrots.

Harrison hamming it up!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been