.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Day 411 - On Second Thought

Today I was supposed to venture back home. The weather wasn't great & we had a later day than planned. Naturally the girls woke the house up early. We managed to get to town before too long, as I had a 1300 appointment to have my Picc line flushed & changed. I had called while at home to make arrangements to have it done in Red Deer while I was up here. What a drama.

I think I had 7 or maybe 8 phone calls yesterday & today to set it up. Mostly I had phone calls from different nurses telling me that SOMEONE would be calling me to set up the appointment. Thank goodness 7 or 8 calls later, someone finally did! Crazy!

The nurse used chlorhexidine & then put a tagaderm patch overtop. Hmm. I should have known better. Within 2 hours the skin exposed to both was itching & blisters were forming. Great. Good thing I was going to Tom Baker tomorrow for my Radiology appointment. I will just drop by afterwards & see if SOMEONE will change it for me!

We went to Pure Earth afterwards. I have been waiting a really long time to visit this shop. Roxy is good friends with the gal who owns the shop, Rebecca, and she has taught Roxy a lot about raw foods. Rebecca handpicks her shop items & it was a treasure to find so many wonderful things in one shop! I picked up some medicinal mushrooms, John Masters Organics (THE best hair & skin care products on the market. Good for you & good for earth!) & a few other superfoods. Oh & propolis honey. If you haven't tried it, don't waste it on toast! It's so good, just eat it with a spoon! Wow! It's a joyride in a mouthful!

We met Kevin in town for wings at a local favourite spot. We had a little hiccup with our dinner & they removed it from the bill, promised a gift certificate, but forgot to deliver! Whoops! Oh well, it was my order they messed & I won't be back anytime soon! Especially once the raw diet takes over!

I decided to stay over again. I was supposed to be at home & packed & ready to go for the PB weekend, but unfortunately it wasn't shaping up that way. Roxy & I were going to leave first thing tomorrow morning for home, I'd pack up & then we'd head to town for the Doctor's appointment, Mom2's & Roxy's drive home. I'm excited for the weekend! It will be a lot of fun!

On that note, beddy-bye time! xxxx
Maria, Valentina & Oceana

The Handsome Couple!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been