.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 418 - Post Grad Night

Today the Home Care Nurse came & flushed the line & changed the stat lock & dressing. Looks like I'm going to have to change the dressing daily while I'm in California. I'm glad I'm on antibiotics (NEVER thought I'd say that!) while I'm away. It will help get rid of any would-be bugs while I'm gone.

I had a different Nurse today. I wasn't too impressed. She REEKED like cigarette smoke. She must've just butted out before she walked through the door. Come on. You're a NURSE! Health=Nurse=No Smoking! Oceana apparently doesn't like smoke. She growled like the dickens at the poor gal! I thought it was kinda funny! I said, 'Sorry, she doesn't like smoke.' To which the Nurse replied, 'Well, aren't you the fat puppy!?' indicating Valentina. Okay. Guess we're even now!

I packed up 2 small suitcases for California & got the dogs ready for Mom2's. I drove in late afternoon & Mom2 & I went to the PB Post Grad meeting. Basically they give us a few days to process & apply what we've learned & then we get to meet up & clarify any of the tools we learned & share our experiences. It was great fun to see everyone again! I'm sad I'll miss the next one, as I'll be in Cuba.

Mom2 wore the Angelina wig & I wore the Rihanna wig. It was fun to see people's reactions. It was so stinkin' cold tonight. I can't wait to leave for California, even if it is Northern California! We got home shortly after 10 & I think it was near 2300 by the time I finished arranging the suitcases & went to bed. What a short night. I had to be up by 0245 to leave in time for the airport. Why do I do this to myself!? And Mom2? She was going to drive me.

I'm so excited for this trip! Not only is it my first time out of the country in 6 months, but I'm going to ask for a miracle! I'm so excited for what will happen! Wish me luck for tomorrow I fly!

xxxx Maria, Valentina, Oceana

Sorry - no pictures - I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Soon!

1 comments:

marizza said...

take your time sweet

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been