.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 432 - Merry Christmas! Finally!

Today was the big turkey day at Mom2's. Oceana woke me up. She heard Nonna's voice & started to whimper & whine & dance around. There was no turning back. I took the girls downstairs to go outside & then greet Mom2 & Ricky.

As we were cooking a turkey today, Mom2 had taken it out to thaw yesterday. When we unwrapped the bird, there was a tumour down the back of the turkey. Gross. The skin was missing, as was a wing & the giblets. Not cool. Thankfully the shop she bought it at, Co-op, swiftly solved the problem & replaced the sick bird with a healthy one that was already thawed. It came from Lilydale, an investigation is being launched, and if you haven't watched FOOD, INC. --> DO IT NOW! (With emphasis on NOW!)

Mom2's first trip out was for bread & an onion for stuffing. She had just returned when we discovered the sick bird. The next trip out was for the turkey. After that we left for Chinook, via CNF for more groceries & to meet up with Ricky's Aunty. I managed to open my business account at the TD bank. If you don't bank there, you should! They are always so pleasant & helpful & down-to-earth every time I go there. I love my bank!

The mall was crazy busy, we didn't want to wait in line, so I skipped Lulu & the Mac Store. Another day. Maybe next year! (I love being able to say that around this time of year!) We went home, only to realize that we were still missing some groceries. Mom2 headed back out for a few more things. She just walked in the door when Greg got home & realized we were still missing a few things (egg nog & Turtles are important!), so the last & final trip out was made!

We used the convection oven to roast the turkey & it worked perfect! It saved us the time we'd lost in the morning & the bird was cooked to perfection! The mashed potatoes & gravy were so good, I think I'll have some for breakfast! We had a nice greens salad with candied pecans & feta cheese, roasted root vegetables & of course, stuffing! I wanted homemade cranberry sauce, so I bought some agave nectar & frozen organic cranberries. I googled for a recipe & this is what I got. There wasn't a lot left in the bowl, so I guess everyone liked it! I sure did!

We had organic pumpkin pie for dessert topped with organic whipped cream - oh so healthy, but funnily enough, I still feel like a gorged piglet.

We opened presents after dinner & was I ever spoiled! I wasn't expecting so many gifts! A Lulu jacket, a stuffie kitty cat (that Valentina wants to desperately eat!), sweets, a necklace, a ring, crystal bracelets, a snow brush (I was really excited about this one! Mom2 has the same one & it works really good! Mine sucks - 'til now!), Kinder Surprise - I felt like a kid again! I gave Mom2 her gifts yesterday, but for one she opened tonight. Dad2 got a beautiful framed photo from his son & daughter for his 'Sports Den' - a traditional gift for the past 7 years! I gave Mom2 & Dad2 a Christmas card expressing my gratitude for all they have done & continue to do for me. I didn't expect their reactions, I just wrote from the heart, but they couldn't even read it through! Mom2 started, teared up, passed it to Dad2. Dad2 picked up where she left off, teared up & passed it to Jordan. Jordan got through it. I told them I'll just put $5 in the card next year & spare us the tears!

It was a very Merry Christmas & I feel so blessed to be able to spend it with such a wonderful family that I feel part of. We shared a lot of laughter & smiles & that alone is a beautiful gift. Thank you & I love you all!

xxxxMaria, Valentina & Oceana

 Ricky & Mom2
 Shanel & Jordan
Justine & Tyler 
Dad2 & Mom2 - Sorry Dad2 - my bad - I thought the eyes were good! 
 The gang & the spread!
Who's that digging in the turkey? 
Present time! 
 Whadja get? Whadja get?
 Oooh the suspense!
 Whoo hoo! Let's hang it up!
 Tears of joy!
 Trying to get through the card!
Jordan does it! 
Tweet Pea wants the stuffie! 
Tyler's pretty excited about his History of Soccer collection! 
I'm just excited about it all!!! 
 Jordan's Lindt collection!
 Who doesn't love Christmas!?
 Dad2 hams it up for the camera!
 It runs in the family!
 It's new home on the wall!
 The Sports Den!
Kitty gets her wings!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been