.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Day 404 - Seriously?

Today was recoup day after chemo. Can you believe there are only 2 rounds left? The end is in sight! I didn't do much today, but I did call my Dad for his 60th birthday. I had initially wanted to plan a surprise party for him in Saskatchewan, but decided I probably should take on too big of assignment at this stage of the game & I'm glad I didn't, as my chemo rounds got swapped around & I would have been less than ready to throw a shin-dig!

Dad shocked me when I called, as he told me I had until the end of the month to move my stuff out of the storage shed he had. The lady who owned it wanted to rent it out to someone else. I was a *little* upset when Dad said he couldn't help me move stuff, as he was busy. He pawned the job off on Mom, without asking, and I felt pretty stuck. I have 2 rounds of chemo left, one arm that can't lift more than 5 lbs & no trailer to move stuff. Great.

I spent the rest of the day calling storage companies in Medicine Hat & U-Haul rentals to see what I could organize for 2 days time, as that would be my only time to get things done. Roxy & Kevin came to the rescue & offered to help me move stuff. They were going to be in Brooks for the weekend & would be able to drive a few extra hours to help me out. Wow! That's a friend! Thanks girl!

I called Dad back that evening to see if he could at least haul the stuff to Medicine Hat & save me the expense of a U-Haul, but he must have gone out for his birthday, as he didn't answer.

All in a day's work? Here's hoping tomorrow runs a little smoother!

xxxx Maria, Valentina, Oceana & Adios

Here's the original photo behind all the 'single ladies'... What a lucky guy! ;o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been