.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 414 - Day 2 of PB1

I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a photo of my arm. Instead of hanging out at PB today, I spent from 10 until nearly 2 at the hospital. Last night when I took off my gazillion layers of clothing, my arm wasn't happy. The new tegaderm bandage & barrier was pummelling my arm. It was all red & swollen under the bandage. This morning it was worse & it was draining a clear fluid. I'm not sure what it's called, I thought the Doctor said something like 'cirrus', but when I google, all I get is satellite radio or clouds. Serum? Exudate? Help me out team! Anyhow, it looked pretty rough & was tender to the touch. Mom2 said I should just leave it alone & stop messing with it, but my gut said otherwise. Luckily I did, as it was infected at the insertion site. I was having a pretty hard core reaction to the tegaderm/barrier combo. Luckily a Nurse from the burn unit was able to help me out with the Picc line & she saved the day with gauze, saline & Mefix.

I had a Resident Doctor ask me a million questions - they are so cute! I love how thorough they are & they still genuinely care about you! Luckily the 'Boss Doc' cared too! Imagine that! I love people who love their jobs & are good at them! It always shows! Dr. Dyck gets my vote! I showed them the Christmas card, passport & driver's license & the Nurse ran away with it & showed everyone in the ER. Ha ha. They took blood & ran a CBC to see what my WBC was doing. In the end, I returned to PB with a prescription for Keflex. Oh what a day!

When I got to the PB building, I was supposed to go in & slide a note under the door to let them know I was here. That was a grand plan. If only the door wasn't locked! I couldn't even get into the entrance! I sat on the steps, froze my butt off & waited. Luckily the gal who was cooking the team dinner showed up & she had the magic cell phone number to help me out! I was back in action & enjoying every moment of it! Yay!

Day 2 of PB over with & my arm taken care of... Things are getting better! I must say, I was pretty worried they were going to yank my Picc out... Thankfully they didn't! Here's hoping the antibiotics work quick enough that I can convince Dr. Daly to let me keep it on Monday!

xxxx Maria, Mom2 & the girls

Waiting outside the building 
Hello? Is there anybody in there?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been