.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 426 - The Eve of The Last Round & Christmas Eve

Can you believe it? It's finally here. 6 months of what I thought would be pure torture & it wasn't! And it's finally coming to an end!

I spent most of the day trying to tidy, pack, organize & get things ready for tomorrow evening. I packed my 'chemo bag' for the last time. I packed the pills for the last time, the neupogen bag for the last time, the 'chemo blanket' for the last time...

Looking back, I packed books, journals, laptop, ipod, food, etc, etc. the first few rounds. It was so heavy, no one wanted to carry the bag! I never used any of it! Now I just take my pill & put on the headphones & sleep! Happy day!

Valentina & I played this evening, then she tried her best to send me to bed. I have a hard time sleeping the night before chemo. I know if I stay up late, I'll most likely sleep through treatment the next day.

I want to say THANK YOU to all of the amazing people who helped me through this roller coaster ride - Jaco, Mom, Mom2, Al, Wilma, Jenn, Trisha, Roxy, Kevin, Collet, Dave, Laura, Sylvia, Janis, Kerry, Bronwen, Jessica, Fawna, Lara, Zoe, Marc, Joanne, Ross, Krystle, Dr. Daly, Dr. Castillo, Dr. Dowdall, the INCREDIBLE Nurses at PLC - Sam, Iny, Deana, Marilyn & the others whose names have slipped my mind, Julie, and all the friends who have commented on the blog or Facebook, wrote emails & called the house. It has meant the WORLD to me. Those of you who showed up at the house, attended the head shaving party, said prayers (!), I thank you from the bottom of my heart to the top of my bald head!

It has been quite the journey, with plenty of lessons learned. I'm anxious to remember what 'living' feels like again. To be active, eating healthy, thinking healthy & being healthy. I can't wait for 2011 to begin. A fresh slate!

On that note, I'm off to bed, for tomorrow, the hardest part will finally be over! AMEN!!!!

xxxxMVO&A





Mama! Come to bed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been