.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 427 - The Last Round!

I survived. It's over.

Today was rough. I usually go to sleep as soon as they start the chemo, but today Sam was my Nurse & I wanted to talk to her. She confided in me that she was getting married after the New Year. (!) I can say that now because she's married already! I couldn't fall asleep after that news! Very exciting! She has been a very special person to me these past 6 months. She is genuine, beautiful & strong. Just what I needed when I felt weak, ugly & lost!

When she saw me taking oral Dexamethasone, she commented, 'You take oral Dexamethasone as well?' I asked her what she meant. She said I was getting it be IV also. I asked if that was bad. She said no, only that it would help me to keep my appetite & I wouldn't lose any weight. AH HA! So that explains why my pants don't fit so well these days! Sigh.

I drifted off to sleep a little later, only to wake up to Mom2 sitting beside me. I couldn't really sleep after I had woken up, so I tried to visit. But the nausea hit. I don't normally feel sick. At least I hadn't been since round 7 or so. I actually got sick to my stomach - just a little - before the end of the treatment, which has NEVER happened. They ended up giving me 2 more anti-emetics via IV. I've never had that much before!

We took the girls to PLC today to show Sam. She has 2 dogs of her own & we always talk about our pooches. I asked Mom to dress the girls in their Christmas dresses & bring them to the side door so Sam & the Nurses could see them. Needless to say, the girls were a hit!

Dr. Lategan took my Picc line out. Here's the video clip. Someone asked me WHY I recorded it. I guess I don't plan on ever having a silicone tube shoved up my vein again. Not a video for the faint hearted - it made me gag the first time I watched it! But crazy to think that modern medicine has the technology to put a tube inside your vein & run it all the way up to the central vein entering your heart. When you look at it that way, it's pretty cool, I think! Enjoy & let me know how far you can watch!



Mom drove me home & I don't remember anything past Barlow Trail. Next thing I knew, I was at home. She helped me get to bed & then left to go get Ken. They drove back here & spent the night. They were waking up early to watch Ken's grandkids open presents. Apparently tomorrow is Christmas! I know I won't be appreciating any turkey at this point! Just my Ondansetron!!! Every 8 hours like clockwork!

Merry Christmas & I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. I hope you remember WHY we celebrate CHRISTmas & include that in your festivities. Family, friends, giving, celebration... I'm happy with my best present ever. NO MORE CHEMO!

xxxxMVO&A

 The Beautiful Sam!
 Out cold & cold out.
The girls keep me warm on the drive home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been