.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 415 - Day 3 of PB1 & Happy Birthday Roxy

Today was the 3rd & final day of the course. I have loved every minute of it. While working & sharing with the group, I've realized a few things about myself. My current situation isn't that bad. Hearing the woes of the others around me, I'm pretty lucky. I've said it before & I'll say it again. I'm the luckiest person I know. Why?

I'm finishing chemo this month. I'm going to be able to travel again. I'll finally be out of my Mother's house. I have the most amazing husband. I'm excited about our future together. I'm taking steps to regain my health & vitality. My 3 year battle with cancer is rapidly coming to a peaceful close. Did I mention I'll be traveling again? Cuba, Florida, Caribbean, Africa, Norway, Africa... 2011 is going to be an incredible year!

I also found the class an incredible way to give. Be it support, love, encouragement... And the coolest part about giving these things? I NEVER run out of it! There is an endless supply of love, laughter, listening, support! And it feels SO GOOD to give! I wish the world would experience something like Personal Best - it would TRANSFORM the globe in ways we could not fathom. It's free, People! Sign up! Do it now! Take charge of the 'ickiness' in your life!

The funny part of the day for me was watching people's reactions. The previous two days I've worn a toque & no make up. Today I wore the 'Britney' wig & makeup. I had a few people come up & introduce themselves to me, as they were certain they'd never met me. One lady approached me after graduation - in fact, after supper - and told me that she couldn't figure out why they would let someone new into the course on the last day! Priceless! I love the element of surprise!

Mom2 & I had a fantastic weekend together & we both remembered & relearned some wonderful tools to carry us forward in the direction of our goals & dreams. I am cautious of a lot of self-help/personal growth tools. I want to share my opinion with you & a short story. When it comes to self-help, I believe:
WE ARE NOT BROKEN. We are fine the way we are. We can still learn & grow & evolve & work towards a better, bigger version of ourselves, but we are NOT broken.

One day, a friend & Lymphoma survivor, Fawna Bews, called me to see how I was doing. She beat stage 4 cancer & is 11 years clean. They told her she wouldn't make it & she's here today! She even had another child, after they told her she couldn't! Anyhow, Fawna called & asked me how my healing was going. I told her about the chemo, which was to start soon. She asked me what else I'd been doing. I told her about Mexico, the research, the juicing, etc. I told her I thought I could probably journal or write more too. She asked me, 'Why?' I replied that a lot of other people had told me that was good to do. She said it might help & it might not. She carried on to say the following:
'The way I see it is, we're all children of God. God's perfect. That makes me perfect.'
Those words have resonated with me since that day. Yeah! I'm not broken! I don't need to write out 200 pages & fill 5 journals on Why I Got Cancer. I don't need to write letters of forgiveness to every single person who has hurt my feelings or cut me off in rush hour. And most of all, I don't need to feel GUILTY about any of the things I should or shouldn't be doing according to myself or anyone else's cancer protocol. Thank you Fawna for your words of wisdom!

Lastly, jumping back to PB. I met Jay's son, Wyatt tonight. I've seen a few photos of him on Facebook, but he is so much more adorable in person. Here's this squishable little 5 year old dressed up like one of the Incredibles. Be still my heart! I had to talk to the youngster. I asked him who he was. He told me Dash. I told him I had a friend named Dash, but explained that Dash was just a baby & couldn't walk or run yet, so I didn't know if he was really fast like Dash from the Incredibles. Wyatt's eye lit up when I said I knew someone named Dash. Oh my, he is too cute for words. He danced away the night at our graduation. What a beautiful little soul!

Here are a few photos from the graduation night. Let me know when you've signed up for your Level 1! *wink, wink*

xxxx Maria, Valentina, Oceana & Adios

Jay & Wyatt dancing up a storm! 
Saxon on the left - AMAZING dancer & Dane & his boy, Roman - too cute! 
Vince is an INCREDIBLE Tattoo Artist - award winning! Need Ink? 
Enjoying food & drinks! 
Lance & Morgan - my PB II buddy! 
 Morgan & Britney Shears
Mom2, Morgan & I 
Dance! 
 Lynn & Jeanette
The Gorjuss Jeaninne!
Story writer Shannon! 
Gorjuss Saxon! 
Dan & his main squeeze! 
Brandy & Lesley - all smiles! 
 Cath - what a sweetie!
Trena & Simon - Mr & Mrs! 
Jordan & Lance


1 comments:

Dan said...

Great photos, Jill!

Thanks for sharing in the PB experience. =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been