.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 423 - Flying Home

I was up at 0315 when I woke up from a scary dream. The head of a woman was chasing me, laughing, her head bouncing like a crazy bouncy ball. Gross. I ran to a truck & couldn't get the key in the ignition. I was so panicked in the dream, I actually woke up, my heart pounding so fiercely I was afraid I'd have a heart attack! My alarm was set for 0345, so I laid in bed for another 15 minutes & decided I would need the extra time to get ready.

I didn't change my dressing this morning, I'll do it tonight when I'm home. George was already up & at it, patiently waiting for me to finish up. Elizabeth came out to the kitchen all wrapped up in her blanket, just to give me a hug & say goodbye.

George & I had breakfast & one last chat before we hopped into the Pacifica for the ride to the hotel where the shuttle was waiting. I'm so sad to see the weekend end! I want it to last so much longer! I have had such an amazing experience here!

I sat in the back of the shuttle next to a gal on her way to Houston. She is finishing up her studies to be a Teacher & has lived in Illinois, Colombia, and now California. She has ties to Bethel too, so that was pretty neat! We chit chatted for a bit until we both decided to fall asleep for a bit.

I checked one suitcase in & sat down to drink 1L of fresh squeezed orange juice & 500 ml of Kangen water. I was so 'soaked' by the time I was done, I felt sick! In fact, that feeling stuck with me for the rest of the day. I think my body is in dire need of sleep & relaxation!

The flight to Seattle was good. I think. I slept the whole way! No drooling this time! I visited with an Electrical Technician for Medical Equipment while we taxi'd the runway. He raises Border Collies & wants to move to Kentucky from California. Apparently Kentucky is more affordable than California. Not sure I'd want to head out to Kentucky, but each to his own, I guess!

I found free wireless at the airport in Seattle & decided I would finally break my Facebook fast & attempt to get caught up on the blog. Of course, a little people watching is always included in anything airport. The Somalian lady whose 'handsfree' cellphone means tucking it into the side of her head covering, the splashing, gurgling water fountain with a speaker underneath emitting just those sounds, the California girls in their matching track suits & bold ways, the burping 50-ish lady with an 80's perm & apparently no manners... The list goes on...

Another quick sleep on the plane to YYC & there was Mrs. Roxy, chai tea in hand, waiting patiently for me! What a great friend! She dropped me off at Mom2's to pick up the girls & have a quick visit with M&D2. I left a few hours later & managed to find Roxy still up with Mom, doing books. Roxy was going to drive home & I ky-boshed that. Ever since her & Kevin told me about Roxy's habit of falling asleep at the wheel in the night, I don't like her on the roads after dark! She had to get up early, so to bed it was. Just as I was about to turn out the light, I remembered the eclipse! I think it was 0130 by the time I went to bed. I stood out on the deck with my camera, taking photos of the moon as it disappeared & turned a glorious shade of orange/red. I froze my butt off & couldn't fall asleep I was so cold! Whoops! Luckily I have no plans for tomorrow!

Sweet dreams...

xxxx Maria, Adios, Valentina & Oceana (glad to have the girls back!)

 George dropping me off at 0430 for the shuttle!
 Crazy paintjob in Seattle
 I love Target! Best dog costumes ever!
 Merry Christmas from the girls!
 Mama's high tech weigh in...
 Grocery bag & luggage scale!
 Roxy dons the honorary wig! Forwards...
& backwards! (And she still looks adorable!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been