.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Day 466 - Massage & The Treadmill!

Another beautiful day in paradise! I hit the treadmill - walking, not running - and managed to do 2 miles in 30 minutes. I was spent. I guess I'm in pretty rough shape! Oh well! There has to be a beginning somewhere!

I listened to Dr. Lemberg's talk & then quickly ran home to shower & change & get back in 15 minutes for Anna Maria's lecture. She was brilliant! No one has ever explained in such detail what the white blood cells are comprised of. She explained the elimination & detox systems, food, etc. I think one of the best lines I've heard ever, is: We need to stop looking at food as a way to socialize & address our emotions. We need to instead look at it as a way of nourishing our body, giving it nutrition & providing anti-disease treatment.

I like that!

I met with Nurse Tom after lunch & we went through my blood in great detail. I feel a lot better having seen the dried & fresh blood under the microscope & learning what all the little squiggles & blobs are. I headed straight to the hut to catch the balance of Brian's 'Food Combining' lecture. He doesn't advocate ANY meat, sugar, dairy or cooked food. With that said, one should eat protein & veggies or carbs & veggies. Never protein & carbs. And melons - eat them alone or leave them alone! They digest in 30 minutes & will sit & ferment in your guts if you eat anything else right before it!

While I was waiting for dinner to start, I sat down & chatted with a few of the ladies that just arrived on the weekend. One revealed that she sings. She sent us to YouTube to find her video. Her voice is AMAZING! Check it out! Apparently she's on iTunes as well. I was blown away!

I quickly wolfed down some dinner & headed off to my massage. I get one Swedish massage per week & this week I was with Joseph. He was BRILLIANT! Wow! I haven't had a massage like that since the day when Mom & I went to the Willow Stream Spa in Banff & I had a shiatsu massage. Go Joe!

I returned to the Hall & finished my supper while I chatted with Norman & waited for Jaco to call. We had our usual chat - 'Hello?' 'Hello.' 'Hello?' 'Hello.' 'Hello?' And then we carry on...

Tomorrow is fasting day. I am actually looking forward to it! It's a welcome break from the sprouts & green stuff... That way I'll actually be excited about the food on Thursday!

xxxxMaria

Anna Maria explains the lymph system like no one ever has! Brilliant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been