.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, February 07, 2011

Day 472 - John!

Whoo hoo! I made it to the beach! John picked me up around 1400 & we drove off in his Avalanche to the beach. I noticed the cd hanging from his rearview mirror had the Barbados flag on it. I asked him if he’d been there before. He informed me that he was FROM there! I told him, ‘NO WAY! I’m going there in a week’s time!’ He jokingly told me he couldn’t be my friend anymore & why hadn’t I told him that yet?! No wonder he’s such a nice guy!

We visited about his 2 sons & life in Florida, his Mother & growing up in Barbados… Before I knew it, we were at the beach. It was a cool day, but certainly still warm enough for me! We walked up the beach & I happily snapped photos of the jellyfish, seagulls, pier & beach-goers of the day. John educated me on the buildings we passed, who owned what & so forth. After we’d walked far enough, we returned to the truck & headed down the ‘ritzy road’. We passed Mar Lago – Donald Trump’s place & also the church where he most recently married. I was amazed at the number of mansions! Where on earth do people find all of their money? These places are colossal! With groomed hedges & lawns, perfectly painted buildings, statues, fancy cars… The list is endless!

We drove past the building where the creator of Slim-Fast owns several floors. John worked for him at some point & said he was a really admirable man. We drove downtown West Palm Beach – the names are all escaping me & I’m not online to google it, so please forgive me!

It was a brilliant way to spend the afternoon & I would have never guessed that I would have made such a wonderful & kind friend that first night when I offered a smile & friendly hello to John. I promised him I would send a postcard from Barbados when I arrived.

After supper, as per usual, I filled Jaco in on my day’s events. It’s officially 2 weeks until I see him now! Yay! We’re both tired of poor phone connections & not seeing each other.

I visited the sauna & went to bed, careful not to wake up my roommate. My guts woke me up last night & I’m pretty sure they woke her up too. We haven’t officially met yet, but I’m already embarrassed. Whose guts rumble so loud they wake you up? Oh dear. I suppose with all the enemas & stuff happening it’s to be expected? No? Well, it was worth a try!

xxxxMaria



Another sunny day in WPB!
Playin' in the sand
Beautiful beach day!
Gull
Sand Castle
John, my friend from Barbados!
Father & son on the beach
The waves & the pier
Jellyfish!
Oceanfront property
Jellyfish again!
The creator of Slim Fast owns a large part of this property
I like the colour scheme/architecture

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been