.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Day 471 - Tirawmisu

Oooh! Today was a day of culinary delights! I had signed up last minute for Renate’s cooking class taking place this afternoon. We would enjoy a 4-course meal – including dessert – and learn how to prepare the dishes.

Away we went in carpool fashion to her home. She lives in a beautiful area – it’s a gorgeous house with plenty of light & open space. Her husband is a Musician & we spotted 4 pianos in the main area!

Our menu for the day was Italian Wedding Soup, Garden Salad with Ranch Dressing, Lasagna & Tirawmisu. It was all delicious. I can’t begin to explain how happy my taste buds are right now! The lasagna was better than any cooked lasagna I’ve ever tasted. The tirawmisu was light & fluffy & absolutely glorious. It was presented in a way that made you feel as though it truly was a homecooked meal! I suppose it was, but for the cooking part! Woody & I had second helpings of lasagna & tirawmisu!

I was sad I hadn’t come last weekend to learn more recipes! I guess there is always next time! I’m so excited to go home & try these recipes out! Fantastic! The best part about the lasagna? You can blend the leftovers together & make crackers! Marvelous!

In the evening, I chatted with Jaco for a little while, sharing the news of my exciting weekend with him & my plans for the coming week. It’s only 2 weeks to go until I see him! I can hardly wait! I’m learning so much & I don’t want to go, but I’m certainly ready to see my husband again.

Miss you.
xxxxMaria


Kingston & Easton enjoy some Italian Wedding Soup & crackers
Lasagna noodles!
Renate's raw lasagna... Yum!
It is SOOOO good!
Cutting the Tirawmisu
Wow. Eat your heart out. So delicious! (& healthy!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tirawmisu - clever! And tasty looking!
Janis

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been