.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 486 - Barbados & My Baby!

We’re here! We made it! It was nothing short of a mission, but we did it! I was quite nervous that my bags wouldn’t arrive. They did! It took what seemed like an eternity to come off the conveyor belt, but they did! My next fiasco was customs.

I had seeds & plenty of them. Barbados is very strict. Thankfully, Jaco contacted the Port Agent, who contacted the Department of Agriculture who graciously gave me permission to take my seeds onto the ship. The format, however, had me nervous. Basically I was told to say that Mr. So & So said I could. That was it. Thankfully they knew who Mr. So & So was & let me carry on!

Once outside, we found a cab & M&D2 had the ride of their lives. I think they both aged 10 years. They hadn’t traveled on the other side of the road before & we were on some pretty narrow roads. I wasn’t fussed, but they were! I think the driver & I had our entertainment for the day!

The sun was setting as we arrived at the terminal. We waited for someone to come & help us with our luggage & slowly made our way to the next checkpoint. We declared our pieces of luggage & left the terminal building. We snapped the first of many photos on the pier as they viewed their ‘home away from home’ for the next 2 weeks. They were giddy with anticipation & excitement.

We took our carry-on bags into the next building where we collected our cruise cards & had our souvenir Embarkation photo. Soon, we were onboard. I went to find Jaco & find out what was happening with M&D2’s cabin.

And there he was. Oh-so-handsome. Even more than I’d remembered! It was so wonderful to see him! To hear his voice! To touch his face! And of course, kisses! I’ve missed him so much!

He was busy with a patient, so he gave me my key & the key to their cabin. I showed them around the ship, quickly, and by the time we returned to the cabin, Jaco was finished. He informed us that there was a passenger cabin available for M&D2. We went up & found it & they decided to stay there. It was an inside cabin, but this way they would have the true passenger experience. They were delighted to have privacy & their own space.

With all the luggage in our rooms, we said goodnight & agreed to meet tomorrow for our first day out!

Happy to be exactly where I am…
xxxxMaria



Trying to enjoy the plane ride!
We're here! And it's hot! Yippee!
Welcome to your new home for the next 2 weeks!
A fellow friend in hairstyle!
Back where I belong (& no, I'm not referring to Princess' former slogan!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been