.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day 470 - Late Cab & No Dessert = Cranky Me.

This morning was another morning of goodbyes. It’s down to the last week & this time next week, I’ll be the one rushing around getting in the last hugs & collecting addresses from the wonderful people I’ve met so far.

I decided to take the chance & go to the mall with the shuttle. There is a Whole Foods nearby & I wanted to get as many of the organic spices & ingredients as I could to take with me to the ship. Gurunam was kind enough to drop me off at Whole Foods after leaving the rest of the group at the Mall.

I managed to spend enough time at Whole Foods that we finished at the same time & she took me to the mall! I found some soap for Jaco & I hope he’ll be pleased with it. He had a favourite licorice kind in Canada, but the factory burned down. Hopefully this will suffice! I found all the spices I wanted except for the chipotle. I’m hoping to find it back home. I do love Whole Foods! That place rocks!

I did buy one bad thing. Raw truffles. Cacao & agave. They were divine. They melted in my mouth. Wow. Don’t tell. They were so good.

I managed to find a Valentine’s Day present for Jaco at the mall. It was some sort of menswear from Cuba – or something like that. A lot of linen fabrics & really classy dress shirts, linen pants, etc, etc. I think he’ll look incredible in the outfit I chose for him! It was also ½ price! Bargain! I also stopped by Victoria’s Secret & found one other present for Jaco/Me for Valentine’s Day.  And that’s where that story ends!

After I had circled the Mall, I decided it was time to head back. I knew I could take the local bus, but since it was getting dark, I didn’t want to take a chance walking the road to Hippocrates from the main road, so I opted for a cab. I had the Customer Service desk call one for me. I asked them to call a cab at 1810. I couldn’t see any out front, but I stood outside & waited nonetheless. Tonight was dessert night at Hippocrates & I didn’t want to miss it, seeing as I’d missed it last week. Supper was from 1730-1900 & dessert was served at 1900. At 1850 I called & asked them to save me a plate of food, as I was STILL waiting for the cab. At 1915 the cab driver finally showed up. I was furious. How could it possibly take THAT long to drive to a shopping mall?!? And to make matters worse, he took some backwoods route to HHI & expected me to pay him more! I told him he had to give me some sort of a discount for taking FOREVER to pick me up. I think he knocked off $4 or something. It should have been free, I tell you what!!!

And to top it off, there was no dessert left. Good thing I snuck in those truffles! Gurunam, bless her heart, shared some of her ice cream with me. It was only a few spoonfuls, but it was delicious! I was very grateful!

John gave me a ride home, as I had a few bags to carry & it was raining off & on. I was very thankful that he did! I mentioned that I hadn’t made it to the beach & it didn’t look like I would, seeing as the rest of the days were busy. He kindly offered to take me on his day off! I was flattered that he would do such a thing! So, it looks like my time in WPB will be complete! I can’t wait! We made arrangements to go on Monday afternoon. I didn’t have a lot happening that day, so it would work well for both of us! Yay!

On that note, I’m dipping into the sauna for my usual sweat. Sweet dreams & see you tomorrow!

xxxxMaria

Eagle with wheatgrass. I didn't notice the wheatgrass in his talons until today. Whoops.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been