.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 484 - Last Night At Home

Well, this is it. (Again) My last night at home for a very long time. In fact, I’m not sure I’ll ever sleep here again. I’m already sad that I have to say goodbye to such a beautiful place. I’ve fallen in love with the ranch over & over again - too many times to count. Even though my Mother & I have certainly had our differences, I will miss her & this small home we have shared for the past 3 years. I know she will be happy to have her space back & call her home her own again.

I will also be sad to say goodbye to Adios. My poor cat – all I ever seem to say to him is goodbye! I guess I should have named him ‘Hola’ instead!

And then there are the girls. I don’t know how I can say goodbye to them for so many months. They have brought me so much joy, love & laughter over the past 2 years. My heart is very sad at the thought of having to leave them behind. Valentina knows I am going. Her face is already sad. She followed me everywhere today & Adios took up residence on top of one of the suitcases I packed. I look forward to the day I can have a permanent home for them all.

For the record, Oceana doesn’t miss me. She loves her Nonna & her Papa. I’m the Drill Sergeant in her eyes.

I have managed to pack my suitcases. For the most part, I am sorted. Mom2 & Dad2 will each take a suitcase for me & I will take 3 bags. Yes, 5 in total. Each maxed out at 50 lbs. In fact, right now, they are all a little over. I’ll have to rearrange a few things, but for tonight, I’m ready for bed. I need to snuggle with the girls for one last night.

Sigh. Goognight.
xxxxMaria



Oceana thoroughly enjoying her treat!
Tweet Pea is a little tongue tied!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been