.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, February 04, 2011

Day 469 - Graduation

Today was Graduation day for those who arrived the week before me. Neil, my housemate, whom I’ve grown to love, graduated & left today. He was quite emotional about it. In fact, we were talking late last night & he teared up just talking about it! Poor fellow! I think this has been a real awakening for him! I hope he does well once he leaves! Bless his heart!

Marina also graduated today. I’ve enjoyed getting to know her & I’ll miss her next week. She lives close by, so hopefully when the ship is in port, we can meet up one day down the road & have a raw lunch! Yay!

This evening I went to see True Grit. It was brilliant! I thoroughly enjoyed it! I haven’t seen a great western for a long time. Jeff Bridges was classic! I went with Chandler, Ron, Woody & Jackie. We took a cab to the closest theatre & although I had initially planned to go with Chandler & Ron, I ended up going with Woody & Jackie. Chandler & Ron decided to see something more ‘technological’ & modern, whereas, I was opting for a romantic comedy or eventually, a western! I was lucky, as Woody paid for the tickets, I got mine at the Senior’s price! Thanks for that!

We waited for a cab for a while & about 15 minutes later, the same driver showed up. He ripped us off, but we called him on it & got some of our money back. While we waited, we enjoyed the warm evening air & of course, people watching. These Floridians are a different breed. It’s quite an interesting mix with the South American/Latino flavor mixed with New Yorkers & of course, all the other nationalities that find their way here! We saw one young mother who loved hot pink so much, she matched her outfit, shoes & child! Yes, the wee one was sporting hot pink in her hair & on her body!

That’s it for today… Sleep tight & I’ll be in touch tomorrow!

xxxxMaria

The sweetest little girl!
Her family
My spunky little friend!
Beautiful dress!
Lolly on her birthday!
Ehyan from BC - Champion Waterskiier
My Housemate - Neil
Neil's friend, Happy
Anna Maria, Brian, Happy & Neil
Inspiration!
Marina
Shariar
Loved this gal!
One week grads
Brian gives a talk
Pinning our homes on the map
The Gang - week 2
Terry - Stage IV breast & bone cancer. Couldn't walk when she arrived. She went from a wheelchair, to a walker, to a cane! You go girl!!!
Monika, Marina, Anca & yours truly.
My neighbour
The pond at night

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been