.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 478 - What A Long Day!

Yikes! Up at 0615 to get ready for the flight, I was surprisingly well rested. Even the girls didn't get out of bed with me! In fact, Valentina went back to bed after her potty break! We left the house just after 0700 & I was right on time for check in. I ordered a wheatgrass juice from Jugo Juice. I was going to have a cucumber, celery & spinach, until the clerk told me he'd have to charge me $3 more for omitting the carrot, beet & green pepper. Um, no. That's not how I roll.

I sat next to a WestJet employee who knew Dannie & Kim, two friends of mine working for WestJet. He was from Birch Hills & sounded like quite the guy. When I disembarked, I realized that Colleen, a gal who's wedding Mom photographed, was one of the Attendants! Small world!

Brad, Trisha & the boys were waiting for me when I walked outside, so away we went to the Farm. I visited with them for a bit until I thought I ought to head into Granny's house. Dad was arriving around 1600 & I thought I'd have an hour or so to visit with Granny before Dad arrived. We made arrangements to take Granny out for dinner, so I bundled her up to head out into the elements. Granny always has her room like a sauna, so I knew she'd be cold. I suggested an extra sweater, but she declined. Now, Granny has always been particular about her clothing - she always dresses nicely & never hopped off the fashion band wagon. I think if she could have seen herself clearly, she would have punched me. She had her red jacket on. I lent her my little red plaid hat. So far so good. However, the only scarf I could find was lilac. Whoops. And then she got cold in the car, so I lent her my mittens. They were neon pink. I guess there is a point where purpose takes over looks.

We went to Red Lobster. 45 minute wait. No. We went to Mano's. 40 minute wait. We went to the Keg. Well, we looked for it, missed the turn, took 10 minutes to get back, decided to go back to Red Lobster. 45 minute wait. Granny feasted. Soup, biscuits, salmon, & a baked potato. Not bad for 96 year old taste buds! It's funny - it was very busy in there & the following day, Granny told Uncle David that the restaurant had 3 weddings that night - busiest they'd ever been! I have know idea how she heard that, but anyhow... 96 year old ears too!

We brought her back & said goodnight until tomorrow. Dad & I had a quick chat in the car & then he took off for home. I drove back to the farm - Trisha had been so kind as to lend me her van - and visited with Brad & Trisha while we watched the 2010 Olympic recap. I started to doze off about 2300 & went to bed. What a day!

xxxxMaria

Mother & Son
Mother/Granny & Son/Father & Granddaughter/Daughter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been