.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Day 468 - Rant & Rave

I used to date a British fellow. He was born in London at a particular time in a particular area that has something to do with Cockney rhyming slang. He used to say all these verses that meant something completely different. For example:
Bonnet Fair meant hair
Apples & pears meant stairs
Rant & rave meant shave

Guess what I did today? Yes, I had a rant & a rave – I shaved my head. Don’t you feel so enlightened now? I do. But mostly because I shaved my head… Lighter, enlightened… Nevermind. Bad joke. Must be Michael, the Wheatgrass Guy, wearing off on me. Ha ha.

Today was Kitchen Techniques again! I love this session every week! Ken & Renate are amazing! This week they showed us how to make nori rolls, chowder, green juice, nut ice cream, and ‘meat’ for tacos. The ‘meat’ is AWESOME! It’s made from sprouted & dehydrated walnuts mixed with chili powder. So delicious! I also made my very own nori roll! And then I ate it! It was fantastic! Whee! I love this raw thing!

I was visiting with one of the gals in the laser room & I noticed her Steelers earrings. Then, a few days later, I noticed she had a Steelers ring, too! Was she a football fan on a grand scale or was she dating a player? Hmm… So I asked. She is a big fan & they are in the Superbowl. Out of curiosity, I asked who they were playing. (You can tell I’m a big fan!) Apparently it’s the Green Bay Packers vs. the Steelers. Great. My life is still the same.

However, when I was talking to Jaco this evening, he commented about this weekend being Superbowl weekend. I replied non-excitedly, ‘Yeah.’ He chuckled & asked if I knew who was playing. To which I smoothly replied, ‘The Steelers & the Packers.’ He was so impressed! I think I just won 50 brownie points there! Heh heh heh.

Tomorrow is Graduation day again. Where are these weeks going? I can’t believe how quickly it’s flying by! I’m not feeling miraculously different, but I am enjoying the food & the people. I hope the following week will bring more change with it. Let’s seal the deal people!

xxxxMaria

Lunch is served! (and a lot of it!)
Ken showing us a raw untoasted nori sheet
My first nori roll! And I ate it too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been