.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 485 - The Joys of Flying

As I type this blog post, I have my iPod cranked. There is a screaming child 2 rows back & she is barely audible as I go deaf to the sounds of ‘Your Never Fails’ & no, it’s not a ballad! She has been crying pretty near the entire flight. Now it’s becoming a hysterical breathing/crying mixture. Only 1.5 hrs to go.

I forgot what flying red eye is like. I booked this flight, as it was the shortest wait time in Toronto. We left at 0040, arrived at 0640, flew again at 0940 & arrive in Bridgetown at 1600.

I have enough luggage for about 6 people. Thank goodness Mom2 & Dad2 came with! They must feel like my sherpas!

I have had a splitting headache since I woke up yesterday. It’s finally dissipating, although it’s probably just due to the fact that I have a kink in my neck from the neck pillow which deflated part way through this flight. Sure enough, there is a big hole in the side of it. I have only had it for 3 flights. Grr.

Btw, I remembered that I had my voice recorder with me. If you want to experience part of the joy of this flight, here you go:

(Insert Audio Clip Here) (sorry, couldn't get it to upload - ship internet!)

In a few short hours, we’ll be in Bridgetown, Barbados. I’ll collect my luggage (5 cases plus carry-on), make my way through Quarantine Inspection (smoothly) & then the three of us will find a taxi cab (van) to the ship, where I will finally be reunited with my husband. I can’t believe it’s been over 3 months since I saw him last.

I am always grateful for the time we have together. Of course, being able to be with him in warm, sunny locations always makes life that much more exciting. I still adhere to the belief that I am the luckiest girl I know.

I’ll do my best to get updated on the blog & share the love of my life, the blue waters of the Caribbean & the joys of life with you.
Thanks for hanging in there while I fumbled through my hiatus.

xxxx Maria

I only wish the girls were part of my luggage! **sniff, sniff** I sure do miss them! Already!
The adventure is about to begin!
Miss you Mom! Miss you Valentina! Miss you Oceana!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been