.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 479 - 'Want Some?'

I slept toasty warm until 0830. I could hear the boys quietly moving around the house. They are such great kids! Trisha was on the couch with them watching some cartoons. We visited & watched part of Under The Sea II. At some point the boys decided they would rather be nude, so 2 nekkid little cowboys streaked around the house. It was rather adorable.

Trisha's friend, Ellen, showed up around 1100 & helped Trisha get lunch ready & do some laundry. I got ready for Granny's house & also called the Nuc Med dept at Tom Baker regarding a message I received last week. I was a bit mortified when I found out what I did. Apparently I am not to be around children for 24 hours (to be on the safe side) after I've had a PET scan. I've never been told this before! What about my poor puppy? I know I cuddled Tweet Pea after my last one! I can't even ride in a car with a child for AT LEAST 6-7 hours! That's insane! I must be 'glowing' after the scan! Argh! I'll be very happy to be finished with this chapter!

I stopped & picked up a few groceries for Granny. I hope she eats them. I took her a salad, fruit, puddings, & some baked goods. She ate quite well when I got there. When they brought her supper, she pretty much turned her nose up at it. I had to laugh, she had some cherry cheesecake on her tray. She picked it up, took a bite, made a face like she'd just sucked a lemon, turned to me & said, 'Want some?' I'm guessing by her face that it wasn't that yummy! I politely declined.

Granny went through her drawers, as we used to do, and found some treasures for me. She gave me the little blue Mickey overalls I wore when I was a wee one, a knitted red sweater I also wore, a photo of my Dad when he was one, and some schwanky socks from Lac La Ronge. Hey! Those socks are a collector's item for sure!

We visited for 4 hours. I did my best to reassure Granny what was real & what wasn't. She is still quite confused. I'll do my best to call her more often, but it's tough when she's so hard of hearing. My heart breaks to see her stuck in there.

I filled up Trisha's van with fuel & drove out to the farm. I packed up the luggage & visited with Trisha for a little longer. Before we knew it, it was time to go. Brad whisked me off to the airport. The three of us joked about Brad & I's date on Valentine's day & that he was going to 'dump' me (at the airport) on our first date. Ha ha. They are so good to me. I wish we had more frequent visits.

The security team gave me a bit of hassle about my hand inspection for my veggies, but eventually the obliged. They swabbed everything & seemed quite concerned that I had a stuffed pepper full of some illegal drug... The flight home was smooth & short. I wish I could fly 45 minutes anywhere in the world. Whee! I watched some TV on the plane & Mom2 was right there waiting outside for me!

We arrived home & talked raw until 0100! I'm pretty tired & not excited about the scan tomorrow, but anxious to have it all over with. I AM excited to talk to my husband, though. I think it's been a week since we last spoke! Yikes! I'll see him soon! Can't wait!

xxxxMaria, Valentina & Oceana (so happy to be back with my girls!!!)

The adorable Huxley feeds his horse play-doh hay.
Helping with the laundry. Apparently ALL the laundry!
A little half-naked rodeo in the kitchen. He'll love Aunty when he's older!
Kingston & Easton get some cuddles
Granny & I - just before her 96th birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been