.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 160 - Awh! I Missed You Guys!

Today was the first day of treatment. It was so wonderful to see everyone! Big hugs & smiles all around as I surprised all the girls! Karla, Rossy, Mika, Emily, Maria, Nora & even Adrian got hugs! It was great to have such a warm welcome! It is wonderful to be remembered - how many patients do they see come & go? It was a great feeling!

I had blood work done first thing in the morning & then settled in for my first IV treatment. I had to fast for the blood work, so I'd ran to the smoothie shop for a fresh smoothie before I caught the shuttle. It was a good little walk for Valentina too!

The clinic is quite busy. We were all Albertan's & BCer's, but for a few Americans. I didn't recognize anyone. A few faces looked familiar, but there wasn't any connection. 

I met a beautiful family from Edmonton. The Mom was Polish & absolutely stunning. She was taking cancer treatments. Dad was also taking treatments, not for any particular illness, but just to keep his system in good condition. Their boy was pretty excited for his upcoming trip to Disneyland! (I can't blame him! I'm still excited to go!) :o)

Sadly, they were finishing their last treatment tomorrow! The same went for another couple from Airdrie, another couple from Lloydminster, Grande Prairie & Dawson Creek! Yeesh! I'd be on my own! 

I found out from the couple from Lloydminster that another friend had passed away. I was really shocked, as I had just spoken to him a short while ago & he seemed like he was on his way to full health. I don't know the details, but it was rather upsetting to hear.

I hopped on the shuttle after my treatment & was back to the hotel about 1330. I was wiped from the previous late night, but I also had no groceries to keep me going. Sleep or food? I passed out shortly after I got back & didn't get up until 1730! Guess I needed the zzz's! I woke up to the RIDICULOUSLY LOUD ring of the phone. (I've since turned it down!) It was Jaco! Great to hear his voice! We talked for a bit & then I thought I should head over to the little food mart & get a few groceries. 

Valentina & I took another walk & I think I played her little legs out! I let her nap in the room while I grabbed a baked potato & veggies from Coco's restaurant. I read my book while I dined & I must say, I was happy to get to bed! Again!

Sorry, not a very exciting day, but sometimes no drama is nice!!! :o)
Maria & Valentina
xxxxxx
Hasta Manana!

Just leaving the grocery store.

I love a good palm tree in March.

Pretty skies

Mama's girl

Mama's girl having a snooze.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been