.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 403 - Round 10. Only 2 left! Amen!!!

Thank goodness I had a decent night's sleep! Finally! Mom & I left about 0745 & managed to make it to PLC by 0900. I had my blood drawn & we patiently waited. While we waited, I went to Second Cup to get a hot drink & some pastries. Lo & behold Mom accidentally spilled the hot chocolate EVERYWHERE. Yes, on my black leather purse, my fur mittens, on my book, on my wallet, inside my purse on every item possible, on my blanket, the Lulu bag, on the pastries I hadn't even bit into. I was furious. Yes, it was an accident, but who is going to replace all of the above that are stained & ruined? Sorry sure isn't! Grrr! I'm slowly getting over it... :o(

Chemo went fine. I managed to doze off & on throughout & listened to some classical music to stay chilled out. We left the hospital just before 4, although it could have been 1/2 an hour earlier, had Mom picked up the prescriptions & made the appointment rather than slept. She's not as well trained as Jaco, but I guess she hasn't been there that often, either. If there's one thing I can't tolerate is sitting & waiting in the hospital after I'm done treatment. I need to get out of there & NOW!

We drove home & had a quick bite to eat. I noticed, while having dinner, my Picc line had some blood in it. Oh dear. I called the Health Link, no luck. I called PLC, no on call Oncologist. I called Yup... back to bed again. This time I went to bed at 1800. I woke up at 2100 when Jaco called. I spoke to him for a bit, but I was so exhausted that I started to fall asleep during our conversation! Whoops! I fell asleep straight after we said goodbye!

I managed to wake up at 0000, 0330 & then at 0530... And so the following day started!

xxxxMV&O

Meet Rihanna (& my new passport photo - with a white background & a lower eyebrow!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two to go! WOOT WOOT! Janis

Shodan said...

Ah Jill, things are just things. You'll get over it.

Well, look how far you've made it - and still keeping your sense of humour. We love the e-card with all the Jills. You're so funny!

Anyways, we're thinking of you as always. Hang in there, you're almost done!!! Kick its ass.

~ K

Anonymous said...

Miss Jill!

I'm doing my Christmas cards and I didn't put your address in my address book. Sheesh.
Send me an email with it, 'k?

~Julie Kroeker

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been