.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Day 377 - Prayers

Today was a lovely sleep in day. We decided to head out to the Banff Mountain Film Festival for the weekend. There will be full days of films & early mornings, so we have to get prepared for that! We've been lucky to sleep late so often.

The dogs slept in the bed last night. I'm sure some of you are wrinkling your nose at that, but it actually worked well. They don't wake us up really early to go out! They sleep until we get up! Bonus!

Today I spoke with my friend Joanne. I was hoping to hear great news from her, but unfortunately it wasn't so hot. She had a CT scan earlier this week & all her tumours are back. Plus a few new ones, problems in her spleen, kidney & stomach, along with her liver & pancreas. If you get a moment or can take a moment, please say a prayer for her. She needs the strength, encouragement & hope to fight this battle. She's a beautiful woman with three children & a smile & a laugh that will live in your heart forever. Thank you!

Speaking of prayers, Jaco & I went to Neil's this evening for prayers. It was great to see the usual gang & a new member, Anna. We went through our requests & some beautiful prayers were said. It was a fantastic feeling - I know some amazing things happened tonight!

I came home to type up my Transat resumé. I typed it out. Then I got discouraged. I'm not applying. I won't be done my chemo by the time they do interviews. I don't have the time to refine my video to the calibre I would prefer. Grrr. Frustrating. It's a perfect job for me & it's slipping through my fingers. Fair enough, I'll probably end up spending more of the year traveling with Jaco by my side, or me by his side to a lot further destinations. There. I feel so much better! Whoo hoo! If all goes as planned I'll be in SA twice this year! Now I can sleep easy!

Tomorrow I'll zip into town for a few errands & then it's off to Banff for the Festival! I can't wait! Oh - got another migraine tonight. I watched on YouTube tonight that magnesium is supposed to help eliminate migraines if taken on a daily basis! Good news!

xxxxMJV&O

 One of my favourite photos...
 Our first trip comes to an end.
Sigh. These were my Incentive Pants. Skinny ones too!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill, I love you dearly. Gosh you are so wonderful ,so brave, so happy, and one of a kind. I am so proud of you and lucky to have meet you. Keep your head up high, you deserve all the greatness in the world!

Katie Reed ( Skaro)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been