.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, November 08, 2010

Day 381 - Boxes, Lost Dog, & Blogging

Today Jaco helped me look in the bunkhouse for a lens box. With no luck. I was a little worried that he would grow impatient & start chucking around my boxes, filled with breakable stuff. Nope. He was so patient & careful, I was amazed! Unfortunately we couldn't find the lens box, but in any case, I found a few toques I'd forgotten about! Yay! Party for my head!

We weighed the dogs last night. In a grocery bag with my luggage scale. Oceana is 10.6 lbs (0.6 overweight) & Valentina 'Porkchop' Rose is a whopping (ding, ding) 13.6 lbs! So, it looks like we're all going to be hitting the treadmill in the near future! But for now, they accompanied us to the bunkhouse. We threw the ball for Valentina all the way there & one we arrived, she was on her own. Shortly thereafter, we hear a scratching, digging, whining noise. She'd pushed the ball under something & couldn't get it. We used the end of a curtain rod to pull out the ball. Papa to the rescue! We return to looking for the lens box. 5 minutes later, the noises are back. Only this time, Valentina crawled around the side of the bunkhouse & is now stuck between a slanted dry erase board & a box. Papa to the rescue again! No more ball! More Cesar!

We returned to the house with toques & no lens box.

Nurse Wendy also arrived today & changed the dressing on my Picc line. I'm starting to have a reaction to the adhesive on my arm. The skin is very red & itchy & pretty much gross. I'll be happy to have it taken out & not have to shower with a veterinary glove anymore! That said, the vet gloves work well! Wendy asked about Jaco & so I introduced the two of them, showed her the wolves on the blog & also the wedding slideshow. She asked! I told!

The remainder of the day? Well,  Jaco studied & I caught up on the blog again. What a day.

xxxxMJV&O

Wendy cleans the Picc line 
 Paparazzi torments Oceana
Hu-llo! Trying to rest here! 
STOP!!! 
 Pick me! Pick me!
 Peekaboo!
Go away already! 
 Tee hee hee!
 Wiener dog bunk beds!
 Head shot!
And this is comfortable how?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been