.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 388 - Round #9

I suppose it probably wasn't the best plan - if it was even a plan, but I only managed to get about 2.5 hours of sleep last night. I guess my body is falling into a bit of a rut. I just couldn't fall asleep. By the time I did fall asleep at 0500, Mom woke me up at 0730, so what's the use! My hope was that I would just sleep through my chemo. I did. Thank goodness.

We arrived at the hospital at 1000. They weren't expecting me, as they thought I was coming in this past Friday & had to chuck some of the drugs. (I'm getting nauseous just typing about this) Therefore, I had to wait an hour while they prepared the drugs. I finally get into the treatment room & then they need to change the dressing on my Picc line, as it's due for a change today. The lovely ladies down the hall who put the Picc line in were so snooty with their Picc line loot that they wouldn't even give Iny at Statlock! She had to order one from Stores & that took another hour! It was 6 hours today for a 3 hour treatment! Argh! Thankfully I slept through the entire thing!

Mom drove me home & made me a grilled cheese & chicken noodle soup for supper. I went to sleep shortly after that. Of course, I woke up at 2200 & then again at 0000. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I tossed & turned until, yup, you guessed it! 0500! What a day & what a night!

The good news is... I'm 75% done my chemo treatments! Can you believe it!?! I can't! Looking back, I never would have dreamt that I would have done 1 chemo treatment, let alone 9. Here I lie, bald as the prairie, drugged up on anti-emetics & shy on sleep. Where did my life take such a turn? I can't wait until I'm back at it, camera in hand, on some remote corner of the globe with my hubby by my side... Amen.

xxxxMV&O

Here's the next personality:

Meet Gaga

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been