.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 386 - A Day of Sadness.

Well today was just plain crummy. We left for the airport around 1030. I managed to take 3 wrong turns on my way to the airport - Stony Trail/Metis Trail just gets me confused. Thankfully we were there in time for the flight & it was even delayed, which meant a little more time with my Baby.

We went back out to the car for about 20 minutes to say goodbye to the dogs again. Valentina was already pouting on our way to the airport. Poor Oceana had no clue what was happening. Valentina wouldn't even come out to say goodbye to Jaco when we left the car. Jaco said a prayer for me that I recorded on the camera so I can play it before my remaining 4 rounds of chemo. The dogs & I will be like three little lost puppy dogs after today. This sucks.

I walked Jaco to the security checkpoint & watched him get radiated in the millimeter wave scanner. Good thing our kids are already on ice! He waved goodbye each step of the way until I couldn't see him any longer. I choked up & walked back to the car. Oceana whined the entire time we left the airport. Valentina pouted in the kennel. I drove out to an industrial area where I could park the car on the side of the road & walk over to the fence to watch his plane fly away.

I climbed up onto a concrete block & took some snaps of the Lufthansa plane that would whisk my Baby far, far away. I watched as the last of the luggage was loaded & the walkway was pulled back. The Air Traffic Controllers removed the wheel blocks & towed the plane out of its parking spot. Slowly the giant plane pulled out of sight, moving further down the runway.

It seemed like forever for the plane to take off. As luck would have it, I moved to a different concrete block & about the time I decided to move back to my original block was about the time his plane took off. I managed to gash my hand trying to hoist my big butt up onto the concrete block. And before I knew it, he was gone. The plane just disappeared right out of sight.

I snivelled my way back to the car, had a little cry & cuddle with the dogs who were as confused as I was. We then drove north to Innisfail to see Trisha & the boys.

Trisha's in-laws live in Innisfail & they were out for the weekend, so I decided to drive one hour north to see them. We sat outside & had tea while her two sons, Buster & Huxley, played with their cousin & the dogs. The in-laws dog was a neutered male, although you'd never know it. Once he had the right end figured out, he wouldn't leave poor Valentina alone. All she wanted to do was mourn the loss of her Papa & now this hormonal pooch wouldn't get off her backside. Literally. Oceana just outran the fellow & snapped at him whenever he got too close.

Trisha was tickled pink at the little goodies I brought her. I found a mouse named 'Huxley' at Starbucks, as well as a child's sippy cup. She was quite happy that I brought them for her & her little guy.

Her Father-in-Law had built an amazing barn for the boys. Shingles, sliding doors, box stalls, gates & all. It was really impressive! She took a few photos of the puppies inside the barn, but I didn't have my camera with me! Whoops!

I left their place around 1730 & drove 20 minutes to Roxy's house. It poured rain on the way - making me a little nervous for the drive home. I sure hoped it didn't freeze or turn to snow!

When I arrived at Roxy & Kevin's place, they were just finishing up supper. They were babysitting Roxy's nephew's, Mason & Rylan, who are 6 & 3. And apparently quite the bundle of fun. They had taken them to the Agri-Fair in Red Deer today. On the way in, the brother's played a game. One brother said, 'Let's see who can go the longest without talking'. So the other brother proceeds to make all sorts of noises, not words... Click, click, clack, clack, whistle, whistle... What a stinker! At the next turn, the brother tries another approach. 'Let's see who can go the longest without making any noises with their mouth.' And the other brother proceeds to clap his hands & slap his legs... Oh to be a kid again.

The girls played really well with Roxy's dogs. In fact, Annie & Oceana seemed to have quite a good time. Annie is like a little coiled spring, jumping here & there. Oceana didn't stand a chance at keeping up, but she tried! She didn't think much of Thrash & snapped at him a few times, poor fella! He's such a sweetie, I think he was too big for Oceana & she felt intimidated. Valentina didn't play much at all. She just laid down at my feet & moped.

Roxy showed me her raw living collection of goodies. Everything from chaga to grounding mats. I'm excited to learn more from her & start my own raw lifestyle. We're going to get together soon & she's going to teach me a thing or two about 'uncooking'.

I left their place around 2030 & headed for home. I hate driving on hwy 2, as everyone drives like maniacs, but I figured I best keep to a busy road incase I had car troubles. Luckily I didn't & I took Stony Trail home, instead of cutting across at Olds or Airdrie. It was quite a quick route home. I was glad to be home safe & sound, but sad to be all alone. This is going to be a tough one!

Lekker slaap & fly safe Papa! xxxxMV&O

 Farewell to the kids
Look at how sad Tweet Pea is already! 
 Mama's sad too!
Now Mama's really sad! 
 Waitin' on a plane
 Where the buck stops.
 I guess ATC needs a Christmas tree too?!?




 


 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been