.....::Recent Posts::.....

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 384 - Christmas Photo & Dinner Out/In

This morning (afternoon) Jaco & I were planning on going to the city, but we didn't get a rip-roaring start on the day. Instead we had some miscommunication on what our evening plans were. I suggested we go to town for dinner, meaning Bragg Creek. He thought I meant Calgary. Whoops. Here he is, all dolled up & there I was, all slummed up. Whoops!

In any case, we went to three different places in Bragg Creek, each of us getting what we wanted, soup, salad & appetizer, in less than 40 minutes! Pretty decent for timing! We drove home & ate our dinner. After dinner, I decided to take our Christmas photo. I had the idea awhile back, but ran out of time. I had wanted to take it outside, but seeing as it was dark & cold out, I was going to have to settle for an indoor shoot. I still need to do a little editing, but I'm pretty excited to share it with you! It may take me awhile, as I'm behind on the blog (what else is new?!?). Stay tuned for the announcement!!!

It looks like tomorrow will find me running around in the city for last minute things for Jaco, while he busily packs at home. Boo. I hate goodbyes. I'm gonna miss him something fierce.

xxxxMJV&O

Today was Remembrance Day. I didn't stumble across this until a few days past, but I think it's still well worth posting. My Grandpa was a Prisoner of War in World War II. I never really understood what that was all about. Looking back now, I have a very humble heart for what he endured. He passed away nearly 10 years ago already. I can't imagine what life was like for him during or after the war. I am grateful for the freedoms I have as a Canadian & I hope my children's children never have to witness the horrors that he did. Bless your soul Grandpa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been