.....::Recent Posts::.....

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 401 - Rawxy Rocks the Raw Kitchen

What a write off. I'm getting pretty fed up with this sleep habit/pattern thing. I went to bed at 1000 this morning. Got outta bed at 1800 when Roxy showed up. I had tossed & turned a little, but never really had a deep sleep. I'm starting to worry, as I know my body only heals when it gets the rest it needs. Here's hoping it gets straightened out soon!

I skyped with Jaco briefly, as our connection wasn't great. (What else is new?!) He's safely in Barbados & enjoying his beachfront hotel room before he has to join the ship tomorrow. I'm anxiously awaiting the day I can join him. He brought it to my attention that I officially have one month of chemo left! Yay!!! Bring it on!!! Let's get this show on the road!!!

Roxy came down to do Mom's books & also to show me a few things about raw food. I'm pretty excited! We did breakfast dishes (at 2000!) but it was really neat! We made almond mylk & raw granola, followed by a shilajit chaga latté. The mylk & latté were blended long enough that they actually heated up, so it wasn't a cold meal! I was amazed at how full I was after a small bowl of granola & the drink. I felt full, but not bloated & uncomfortable. It was (r)awesome!

Roxy has taken classes over the past year or so & has learned a lot about raw food. I'm anxious to learn from her & start a new path of healthy eating. She has some incredible knowledge on how to prepare food & what is good for you & why... Oh & we even used young coconut water in the almond mylk. It was delicious! Although I think I need a sharper knife if I'm going to hack into them!

Roxy worked on the books while I made a DVD of some information I'd recently found on raw food. I think she knows most of it already, but in case she doesn't, she'll have some new stuff.

We chit chatted about funny stories from our 'younger days' & enjoyed a cup of tea. She was pretty exhausted from 2 busy days, so she told me to get to bed, as she herself was falling asleep standing up!

I went to bed & typed a few emails & managed to turn the light out at 0300-ish & actually slept for 2 hours! The earliest I've slept in over 2 weeks! Unfortunately I woke up at 0530 & couldn't get back to sleep. Roxy had told me to count down from 300 in multiples of 3's in order to fall asleep. It didn't work. But I got good at my numbers! I read 35 pages in a book & I still wasn't tired, so I decided to get up. It was 0700 by then. I had a necklace my Grandma had given me to repair for her - I think it's nearing a year ago that she gave it to me! So I decided to fix it. I put matching spacer beads & an easier clasp to close on it. I also made her a pair of matching earrings to go with it. Hopefully that will make up for the wait! I then realized that I had 2 other necklaces belonging to Collet & her Mom. I've fixed the one for Peggy & only have Collet's left to repair.

My back is starting to ache, so I'll try to sleep again. (It's 0920 the following day!) Sigh.

xxxxMV&O

Meet Florence (from Florence & the Machine)

Rawxy'z whippin' up a storm of UNcooking
Raw granola, almond nut mylk, along with goji berries, banana & bee pollen - Yummy stuff!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been