.....::Recent Posts::.....

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 402 - The Doctor's Appointment That Wasn't

Last night found freezing fog in our area. This meant that Mom couldn't get back in time to take me to my appointments in the city. I called at 0800 to cancel & wanted to make sure that I could still come in for treatment tomorrow. The receptionist said she'd call me back as soon as she heard from Dr. Daly. By 3 o'clock I still hadn't heard back.

My picc line has been giving me issues, so Mom drove me over the the hospital in the afternoon. The Home Care girls took a look at it & said the adhesive was causing a reaction. They changed the bandage, but covered it in more adhesive with gauze underneath. And thank goodness the picc line isn't infected - I don't want to have it taken out with only 3 rounds to go!

Mom & stopped at the pet food place in Black Diamond & I picked up some more food for the girls. Mom was complaining about Valentina's squeaky toy on the way over, so I picked up 2 salmon skin bones for the girls to chew 'silently' on. Well. Mom had a hissy fit about the smell! She had to roll the window down the entire drive home & was paranoid her car would smell of rotten salmon. All I could do was giggle & roll my eyes, because I knew how much the girls loved the bones. And naturally the smell went away as soon as they devoured their treats.

I was getting pretty tired by the time we arrived home. I'd been up since 0530 with only 2 hours of sleep. I managed to eat some supper & then Jaco called. He was safe on the ship & finished his first day back at work. We had a good chat & I'm anxious to hear from him again.

I collapsed into bed about 0730. I can't remember being this tired. Ever.

G'Night!
xxxxMV&O

Meet Britney
Cuddling with Mama 
Um, there's something on the end of your nose!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been