.....::Recent Posts::.....

Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 399 - Miss Communication & Food, Inc.

Okay! Here's another BBC Animals video if you didn't see them all yet!

Today was a day of miscommunication. I am still not sleeping well. I finally fell asleep about 0500 this morning. Mom's SCREAMING (not whistling) tea kettle woke me up at 0615. It screamed for 9 minutes. Really. I checked the clock. I thought surely to goodness she would shut it off. Now. Now? NOW?! I think I know what she's getting for Christmas. Perhaps early at this rate!

I managed to fall back asleep at 0800 until my alarm went off at 1130. I was supposed to go stay with Mom2 for the weekend. Plans got shuffled around as much as sanely possible, so I ended up not going. I may go tomorrow if all goes well! I was on the phone with Roxy, Mom2 & Collet for the better part of the afternoon trying to sort out the agenda. By the time 1700 rolled around, I was exhausted. I fell asleep for one hour. Mom came home briefly & I was back to sleep just past 1800.

Of course, I slept until 2100 & was subsequently awake until 1100 the following morning. I don't understand why my body is so messed up. I just can't seem to straighten things out. It's getting old! And so am I from the lack of sleep! I used to be able to sleep & sleep & sleep! Now, not so!

I watched a documentary this evening called Food, Inc. I was eating chicken while watching it. I couldn't finish my chicken. I gave it to the dogs. If you watch one film this month/week/year, pick this one! It is incredible. It basically educates the viewer about corporate control over our food sources. Of course, it is based on American companies, but as you & I both know, America controls & owns a lot of the companies in Canada. It isn't for one type of eater - carnivore, vegetarian, vegan, raw - it educates you on so many different levels. Basically they encourage you to buy from companies that treat the workers, animals & environment with respect. It would be wonderful if these large corporations would do that without our asking, but sadly, very sadly, this is not the case. This film changed my, well, life! It did! As cliché as that sounds, it's totally true! Just watch it already!

And with that, another day is done. Tomorrow Jaco should be in Barbados, soaking up the Caribbean sun. Sigh. Soon enough I'll be able to join him. I sure do miss him!

xxxxMV&O

Meet Gwyneth - her son, Moses, & I share the same birthday!
As for Apple, well, I'm typing this blog on one, does that count?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been