.....::Recent Posts::.....

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Day 131 - Rawkin' Rawksy's

This morning was an early start! We had to take Brooklyn to school, leaving at just past 8. We drove her to a private school about 20 minutes away & accompanied her inside. Of course, Valentina had snuggled inside my jacket, so she came along. As soon as she heard all the children's voices, she began to wiggle her nose out of the top of my jacket. She was very excited to see all the kids! Of course, they were just as excited to see her! The kept coming over & commenting on the dog's head sticking out of the top of my jacket! It was a little busy! There were kids & books & jackets coming from every direction! Wow! We said goodbye to Brooklyn & made our way to the local Co-op for a few groceries. 


You know you're in a small town when you can visit with pretty much everyone you see in the shop! Laura knew everyone! It was great! So & so was en route to Australia for a wedding in a few weeks, so & so had a baby... I love it! Small communities have so much more than a big city. It's nice that everyone is courteous & friendly, not just in a rush & giving no concern to the guy beside them! The world needs more of a small town outlook on life! 


We drove back home & went for a walk outside. We ended up walking to the barn, so Laura & the twins showed me around the inside. It was impressive! So clean & smoothly run! State of the art! 


It was back to the house to make some lunch! I had planned on leaving about 1300, as I was headed to Roxy's house, via Janis' house to pick up some pills I forgot there & hopefully a quick stop at Kerry's, as I've never been to her house before!


I had a wonderful lunch with Laura's family & we had another great visit after lunch. A very teary goodbye & the biggest lump in my throat (yes, bigger than the one in my neck!) when I pulled out of the yard. Laura is such a special woman & I am so thrilled that we have had the chance to meet! Here's to a healthy & happy friendship Gorgeous!!! Now have fun in Mexico!!!!


I made it to Janis' about 1630. Roxy had texted me & was going to Innisfail with a few cows, so I thought I had a little visiting time. I enjoyed a quick chat with Janis & Caleb, popped over to Kerry's for a quick 'Hi & Bye' & then hit the road. I was glad I did when I did, as the fog rolled in shortly before I turned off at Red Deer. I can honestly say I've never driven in such thick fog as I did that night!!! I could barely read the road signs to know when to turn! I drove on the left hand side of the gravel road because I couldn't see the right hand side from my side of the car! I noticed the next day on my way to town that I'd driven right through a stop sign! I couldn't see it for the fog! 


It was nearly 2100 when I pulled into Roxy & Kevin's yard. We had a quick visit & then my eyes started to get heavy & I apologized, but it was bed time! Roxy was quite excited, as she'd just finished a raw cleanse & was anxious to share her new found knowledge with me. She is quite adventurous in her diet & health. She creates some pretty fantastic foods using her dehydrator & blender! We keep telling her to open a restaurant - Rockin' Roxy's Raw Cuisine! Roxy was also a bridesmaid, in fact, she was one of two Maids of Honour at Wedding #3. 


Tomorrow we would chat some more... 


Sleep well!
Maria & Valentina
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Asleep at the wheel. Again!

Asleep at the food cooler.

Okay, so I know nothing of what makes a good practical kitchen. But this one sure does look good! I love it! One day!

The Little Tree Hugger Alberta office!

Janis & Caleb. What a pair of cuties!

The doggie version of 'dumpster diving'?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been