.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Day 132 - Sushi - Dynamite Roll & Then I Roll Home...

Today was the final day of the road trip... 2700 kms later, Contemplate is still humming along! You go girl! 


I had a leisurely lie-in until about 0900, upon which, Roxy was already up & at it & busily getting formula ready for the 2 newest additions to the Ziola family... Batman & Robin, 2 calves needing to be bottle fed. We bundled up & headed outside to feed the little fellas. Oh dear! It's been a long time since I've been head bunted in the butt! I was giggling away & Batman really got me good! At one point I gave a little holler & I must be getting old, as it sounded just a little old lady who had just had a fright! After I had let Batman drain the bucket, he decided to go to town on my jacket, pants, & pretty much anything he could reach on me! I eventually gave him my thumb to suck & that kept him happy for a few minutes. 


Roxy was busy trying to coax Robin into a corner to give him his bottle. We eventually ended up with both calves in the corner, Robin getting a bottle, Batman having Roxy's other hand. 


After the calves were fed, we walked over to the horses & donkey, had a little scratch here & there, then we wandered down to look at the rest of the babies. Roxy has her favourites & as we walked through, she pointed them out to me. I'm always on the lookout for that one over protective Mama (picture me flying through the air, starfishing as I spin & land on a pile of giant rock solid frozen cow pies), but thank goodness their cattle are nice & gentle! Instead, I just tripped over the rock solid frozen cow pies! :o)


When we walked back towards the house, we noticed Batman & Robin had escaped. As soon as they saw Roxy, they were thinking of the bottle, so she led them back into the pen.


We ventured over to the barn to find some kitties, but they were hiding on us. We climbed up into the loft of the old barn & had a chat. It was amazing to sit there & imagine what had happened throughout the years in that barn. The stories & storms it had weathered. I love the old barns - they have so much more character than the tin ones they build today!


Back inside we quickly changed & headed for town. Roxy had to pick a few things up for Kevin & she wanted to take me to the only raw cafe in Red Deer. Sadly the cafe was closed today! This is the 2nd time this has happened to Roxy & I! I guess I am just meant to hold out a little longer! I'm sure it's worth the wait! We ended up going for sushi instead. It was delicious! We had another great chat while we sipped green tea, sitting cross legged on the cushions.


We chatted so long we nearly missed the one place we had to pick up something for Kevin! Luckily we made it there in time! Once we were back at Roxy's, I packed up & hit the road. I was anxious to get home after 9 days away. I stopped in Cochrane for a few groceries & made it home by 2200. Phew. I'm wiped!


I checked messages & 119 emails later... I was bummed to read I'd missed Robyn in Red Deer! She recently got married in Mexico & I was so excited to see her slideshow & photos! In any case, I'll have to make a special trip up to see her! She is gorgeous, so I can only imagine how stunning she will look in every single photo!!!


Home again, home again, jiggity-jig... Sleep well & here's to a semi-exciting blog now that the road trip is finito! 


Sleep well!
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


A thumb is better than a head bunt in the butt!

Hungry fellers!

Batman & Robin

New kid on the block... Kinda looks like Donnie?

Robin settling for 2nd best!

Oh my... The donkey was braying & I thought someone was dying... What a noise! Quel bruit!

Buck's eye

Mamas, babies, & plenty of yep, you guessed it! Rock solid frozen cow pies!

Inside the old barn.

Hello Rainbow Roll!!! Yummy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been