.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 153 - Loooooong Day! Loooooong Drive!

This morning I was woken up by a cold nose & paws on my cheek. Thanks Tweet Pea. I got up & packed up my things. Dad & I had some lunch & cancelled the ride, as it was FREEZING cold outside! Brrr! What a wind! It certainly didn't feel like Spring time out there!


We hopped over to Glen & Lynette's after dinner & found Glenn in the barn pulling a calf. Of course, I spent the first 5 minutes trying to keep their 4 lab puppies outside of the barn. It was a challenge! With the baby calf on the ground & soon up sucking from Mama, we left the 2 to bond & headed to the house for some tea & coffee. 


Glenn is the kind of person who won't take no for an answer. You eat there & even if you say 'No thank you', you're bound to have a 2nd burger, 2nd cup of tea or what have you. You never go hungry/thirsty at their house! Hospitality is definitely their forte! 


We visited long enough for their daughter, Delaine, to arrive home from school. Oh my goodness. I feel old. She is in grade 9 & gorgeous! I babysat her when she was about 1 or 2!!! CRAZY!!! We chit chatted about school & who the teachers were... Some are still the same as when I was there, but most are new. Again. Old. 


We finished up the tea & coffee & it was time for me to leave. I hugged Dad goodbye & sped off for Medicine Hat. I was stopping in to see Stella on my way to Lethbridge. It was so wonderful to see her! We had a great visit & again, several cups of tea! We talked about a lot of different topics & I sure do wish I lived closer. I'd swing by for tea all the time! Stella has a heart of gold & I hope I can get back to see her again this summer.


I left for Lethbridge & started down the old familiar highway. I used to live in Lethbridge (twice) & also drove to Cranbrook to see my first 'serious' boyfriend when I was in College.  In fact, I also drove the opposite direction a fair bit when I worked as a surveyor's helper for one summer. I'll never forget the early morning drive to 'The Hat' from Lethbridge. Another old flame I was seeing called me early to tell me to watch the road on my way to work. Confused & thinking he was crazy, I was looking & looking & looking, when finally I saw it. There on the middle of the busy highway were the words:
Ryan
-
-
Loves
-
-
Jill
Awh. I felt a little like a bit of Jeff Foxworthy's 'Redneck' lyrics, as no one had ever used spray paint to declare their feelings towards me, but looking back, it was pretty sweet. Certainly made the drive more enjoyable! :o)


Anyhow, enough of ex's. I was just about to Coaldale when this black Acura sped up & drove alongside me. The car swerved close to my car & then sped ahead. I watched it for awhile & noticed it crossing the centre line a little too much. When it carried on with this behaviour for a little too long, I called 911. The car eventually turned off the main road & I didn't follow it. I left that in the hands of the trusty RCMP. It felt good to report it! I didn't tell them I'd been speeding the whole time though! :o)


I pulled into Dave & Collet's about 2330. Ezra was up & patiently awaiting the arrival of 'Nini'. He was so excited! They played & played & played until they were both tuckered out! I was tuckered out too, but Collet & I stayed up & had a little chat. 


Bedtime came way too late, but the end is in sight! Have a great sleep & see you soon!
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox


Valentina's 'bed head' ears.


She loves mornings as much as her Mama!


Sleeping on Mama's knee to get close to the heat vent


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been