.....::Recent Posts::.....

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 139 - Heartland

I woke up at about 0530 this morning to the sounds of trucks rolling through the yard, one after the other. They were filming an episode of Heartland on the ranch today! I was pretty excited, even though I've never seen a single episode, I thought it was awesome to have a little 'Hollywood' in the back yard!


I was supposed to meet Roxy in town today while she ran errands, but I had a lot to do at home today as well! I did up everything as quickly as I could & left for town around 1500. I met Roxy at Community Natural Foods & we left for the Asian market in search of a young coconut. We didn't find one & then Roxy had to leave. It was the shortest meeting ever! 


Roxy left for home & I went into CNF for some goodies. My next stop was Winners, to replace the wicker basket. I called Mom on my way & she informed me that Heartland was only there today! Oh no! I was so sad! I really wanted to go & check things out! Darn it! I asked Mom to go down to the barn & take a few photos for me... :o(


Shortly after I got home, Mom's friends, Gena & Sue, arrived. The three of them were off to Kamloops for a week. There is a big Western Art Show happening & Gena is an amazing watercolour artist. Check out her work! Mom was taking her photography & Sue's son, Mark, works near Kamloops. 


It was quite funny to watch the girls when they met Valentina. Here's two grown women talking the cutest baby talk you ever did hear. Now, when you talk high pitched baby talk to Valentina, she gets excited & most often 'happy pees'. Sue made the mistake of running into the bathroom for a wee, but left the door open behind her & Valentina followed suit.  Sue, not knowing the 'happy pee' effect, picked up Valentina & talked away. Pretty soon Sue was peeing & Valentina was peeing! Oh dear! I'm sure that is a first (& hopefully a last!) for both of them!


Sue had lost her cell phone, but her other son, Kirk, found it under a car in the parking lot where they had dinner! Kirk & his friend, Ty, brought it out to the ranch. Everyone had a good visit!


Oh, the other part of the day! The bankruptcy place called & told me they want to confiscate my 'Tools of the Trade' because I haven't made any money from them since I declared bankruptcy. My tools of the trade would be my camera gear. That's like another limb. I was quite distraught! I had traded website photos for pies & ice cream, wedding photos for Keith Urban tickets... Doesn't that count?!? She responded to my email by telling me that my photography is more of a hobby than a career. Oooooh, she does know the right buttons to push, let me tell ya! I was so offended. Crap. Is she right? Well, no. I worked 5 years on ships as a full-time Photographer, so that has to count for something! I only left when I got sick & I haven't been well enough to focus on a land or sea based career! Argh! 


Perhaps this is the 'Ah-ha' moment where I realize it's time to get a little more serious about my photography... But for now, it's off to bed... My hubby is hopefully calling before he flies to join the ship...


Sweet dreams!
xoxoxoxoxox
Maria & Valentina


Heartland Props


Down at the barn


...And ACTION!!!!


Adios charms Ty

Kirk, Ty, Gena & Sue. (Note Adios still charming Ty)




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know when the episode of Heartland airs? Dawson loves that show, & it'd also be a chance for me to FINALLY see where you guys live! Robyn

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been