.....::Recent Posts::.....

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 142 - Cora's, Sylvia's, Collet's & Peggy's

Up & at it early this a.m.! I was off to Okotoks to meet Sylvia for breakfast at Cora's. Neither of us had ever been there, so we were excited to discover it! I had been told it was quite healthy, so I was especially looking forward to that!


I left a little late, as usual, and when I started the car, the fuel gauge read 1/4 tank. More than enough to get to Okotoks, where the fuel was always cheaper. Well, didn't I just know it. I wasn't even half way there & the low fuel light was already on! Grrr! I'd taken the back way, so I had to try & get to Millarville for fuel. I didn't even know if Millarville had fuel, but I was sure hoping they did! 


Yeah. They did. For 99 cents a litre!!! Argh! I put $10 in & boogied on over to Okotoks. Fuel was 88.9. Ouch. Oh well! Live & learn!


Sylvia met me in the busy little diner & we had quite a time perusing the menu! Wow! Everything sounded good! And pretty much every dish served came with a side dish/garnish/art creation of fruit! What a great way to spice up breakfast & make it that much healthier! 


We enjoyed a wonderful chat & she informed me that her brother had just given Drayton, her son, a puppy for his birthday! Drayton was very excited, but Mommy & Daddy weren't quite as happy, seeing as her brother & his wife hadn't cleared it with Mommy & Daddy first! Whoops! They weren't sure if they were going to take it or not...


I said farewell to Sylvia after I stopped by to see Drayton, Gary & the new puppy... Sure is cute! An 8 month old toy Yorkie! He was the boss! He had Valentina pinned several times!


I filled up with cheap(er) fuel, washed Contemplate - Valentina didn't know what was happening - and then hit the road to Brooks.


I took a 'scenic' route which incidentally led past my brother's place. I texted to see if he was up for a visit, but there wasn't a reply. He's headed to SK for the summer, so it would have been nice to have stopped in & seen him in action! 


I made good time to Peggy & Chris'. Collet was there waiting for me with Ezra. Oh boy. It was a busy household! Peggy was babysitting 2 other kids, 2 & 6, along with Ezra. Adding in the excitement of a puppy & it got pretty crazy! But everyone was having a good time, Valentina included!


Chris & Peggy don't have any pets, so I was very grateful they allowed Valentina inside the house. I put a diaper on her (Valentina, not Peggy) just to err on the side of caution. Luckily, no accidents! We enjoyed Peggy's famous chicken for dinner & had a great chat about this, that & everything in between. Before we went to bed, Peggy showed us her routine. She is a very talented bellydancer & I was so excited to see her perform tomorrow! 


When she finished her dance, I realized that the clocks were moving an hour forward & I had instantly lost an hour of sleep on an already late night, leading into an early morning! It was off to bed! 


Goodnight & here's to a day of rhythm & entertainment!
Maria & Valentina
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo


Sylvia at Cora's

Okay, so they make this crepe/panini with banana, peanut butter & bacon. Yup. The bacon is in the crepe with the peanut butter & bacon. Eew?

Drayton's puppy, Pitou, & Valentina - she looks like a giant next to Pitou!

Going through the carwash - she was a little nervous!

Collet setting Ezra up on the jiggle machine!

Clearly Ezra enjoys it!!! What a cutie!

1 comments:

Werner Grundlingh said...

If you want to see what the price of fuel is in Victoria, BC, go to
http://www.victoriagasprices.com/Victoria/index.aspx
We are currently at 107.9 cents per litre. Be glad when you spot something below the 90 cent per litre mark, since it aint here GiRL!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where I've Been